Rear Hatch lock actuator problems - Page 7 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #61 of 78 Old 01-16-2012, 12:03 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 Old 01-17-2012, 03:08 AM
dkocse
SHIFT_Newbie

dkocse is on a distinguished road
I'm still looking for a part number for the actuator... If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
post #63 of 78 Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 AM
perry10
SHIFT_Lurker

perry10 is on a distinguished road
Had the same problem, thanks for the fix!
post #64 of 78 Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Bandrasco
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bandrasco is on a distinguished road
Me Too

Getting close to 200K and this little gremlin decided to hitch a ride on my 04! I'll have none of that. I'm going to try to lubricate it before I take more aggressive action. This door has opened thousands upon thousands of times so it doesn't surprise me too much. I'm mentally prepared that things are going to start popping up as I climb into the 200K club. I just hope I can service them before they serve me.:eek:

Thanks for the tip!
post #65 of 78 Old 02-17-2012, 09:21 AM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandrasco View Post
Getting close to 200K ~~~the 200K club. ~~:eek:~~
WOW, Congratulations! I think you are the first to post this number so far. Post pics of your odometer reading when you cross over!
post #66 of 78 Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
GarageFullofNissans
SHIFT_Lurker

GarageFullofNissans is on a distinguished road
Had this same problem on my 2004 Armada SE - manual rear hatch.

Temp solution in my case was to open the hatch glass, which released the "lock" on the rear hatch, allowing me to lift the handle and the hatch. It would not "unlock" with the key fob.

Complained to dealer during visit last month. They lubed the mechanism and claimed that there is already an access hole to lube the mechanism. No need to drill one for what they do to service it.

Regardless, it's been a month or so and it's working fine. $40 or so for the solution. Worth not spending an hour futzing with it for me. To each his own though. Time will tell if their solution is permanent.
post #67 of 78 Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Nivram
SHIFT_Lurker

Nivram is on a distinguished road
Rear Hatch lock actuator problems

Fixing this problem is simply a matter of reducing friction. Taking into consideration everything posted, here's how I solved the problem without spending a dime and without drilling a hole: Rear hatch window has to open in order to remove panel. Mine would not open, so I removed panel as much as I could, then reached under it to release window latch manually. To fix this window issue, I re-attached cable. To fix actuator problem, I removed actuator and poured 5w-30 motor oil into the electrical contact socket. I filled the socket 3 times and let the oil seep completely through. Next, I attached electric to actuator and cycled between unlock and lock via remote and notice it was working well. Do not reattach yet. Next, I manually worked the latch and notice it had a lot of friction. I sprayed WD-40 on the latch assembly and noticed it worked much easier. To insure the latch stayed lubricated, I squirted some 5w-30 motor oil on it. Finally, I re-assembled everything.
Note: some of the plastic clips, which hold the panel, may not come out with the panel. If this happens, to re-assemble panel, pull these clips out of the hatch and attach to panel, then shove panel back into place. I would like to thank Grogzero and the ones that suggested replacing the latch.

Nivram
post #68 of 78 Old 12-31-2012, 02:43 PM
Blame Canada
SHIFT_Lurker

Blame Canada is on a distinguished road
Glad I'm not alone...Thanks for the insights!

My 2005 Armada is having some age issues as well. Turning around 96,000-97,000 miles currently.

Door lock Actuator
Our passenger front door unlock actuator gave up the ghost. I pulled the panel off, and realized I don't have small enough hands to try to un-bolt & un-plug the actuator, so the dealer is fixing it right now for me. $250 parts & labour here too, as previously mentioned.

Rear Hatch
For approximately the last 6 months or so, I've been pulling the glass latch, to help the rear hatch open. Now I see what's the problem after reading all your write-ups. Since pulling the passenger door panel off didn't scare me, I'll tackle the rear hatch panel tonight, and lube both the latch mechanism, and then the actuator. I'll take picture as I do this, and post up afterwards.

It seems, only one post in this thread had a Nissan Tech recommend lubing the mechanism first (which fixed the problem), so I'll assume it's just the weather/rust environment of the "Great White North" that plagues this latch.

I'll drill a hole in the actuator and fill it with some "Fluid Film", as I have some in the garage, but only after I verify lubing the latch parts fixes the rear hatch problem first.

(Of course, if it doesn't fix it alone, I'll lube the actuator, and post up my findings. )

Thanks for all the great commentary.

2005 Armada SE 4x4 - stock for now
2004 Jeep Rubicon w/ 2" coil spacers, 35" BFGs
post #69 of 78 Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 AM
dkocse
SHIFT_Newbie

dkocse is on a distinguished road
Over a year later and I'm still looking for a part number for the actuator. I've been to several dealerships and even pulled the back apart and showed guys the part... Nobody has been able to help me. If anyone can get me the part number I will be forever in their debt. Thanks!
post #70 of 78 Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM
fredlexky
SHIFT_Lurker

fredlexky is on a distinguished road
dkocse- if my memory is right, when my latch quit working, my service guy and myself went through the book looking for a latch part number-no luck there's not one. What we found was the latch is part of the assembly for the rear window latch system, you have to buy the kit, I believe it was under 200.00, well worth getting rid of the aggravation. It was either called the rear window, or rear door assembly, the guy at the parts desk can pull it up on computer and check. Hope this helps. Fredlexky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode