Tires,Tires,Tires - Page 14 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #131 of 154 Old 01-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Brian-
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Brian- is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy Gib View Post
I am ready (at 36K) to ditch the Continentals. I live in MD. and we get the ocassional snow storm. Plus, we go to PA to ski. I have been looking at Toyos and the Bridgestone Revo AT.

I would love the ST 305 setup on this thread, but am concerned that in crummy weather, I would be stuck. Should I be?????

I spend 99% of my time driving on the highway, so I am interested in a tire that primarily works best there. Plus I have put a lot of effort into the HP gains on my motor.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BG
I just purchased 4 Toyo 265/75R16 Toyo OBGSI5's, for winter tires on my Frontier. They are the best tires I have ever owned for all around winter weather. I live in ND where the conditions are much worse (ice, hard wind, snow) and they just grip the road even on ice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 154 Old 01-17-2013, 05:25 AM
mbender83
SHIFT_Enthusiast

mbender83 is on a distinguished road
Garage
hey all,

so im shopping around for tires to go with new wheels. I'm leaning towards the open country but I'm torn between the AT and MT. local tire shop is advising against the MT saying its more tire than i need and my poor gas mileage will only get worse with the heavier tire. I'm running hankook dynapro ATM now and i love em, nothing but good things to say but I'm looking for a more aggressive look. any thoughts ?
post #133 of 154 Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 AM
08ArmadaSE
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
08ArmadaSE is on a distinguished road
You thought about the hankook dynapro MT also? Its a great tire. I had two sets on my last Titan. And they were great in everything. And I say if you want the aggressive tire then go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2008 Armada SE
No Mods as of yet. Wife doesnt want anything done to it but we will see.

2010 Titan Pro-4x:
Maganflow DISO muffler with JBA tip. Factory matched window tint. Tinted tailights, Debadged. Volant Powercore intake.
post #134 of 154 Old 06-27-2013, 05:07 PM
BostonBob
SHIFT_Hardcore

BostonBob is on a distinguished road
I just put another set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires on my summer wheels. These are 305/50-20 sized on my aftermarket wheels. I priced them on Tire Rack and then went to local shop, Hogan Tire, and they price matched. I believe for all 4 tires with mount & balance with Road hazard plus MA tax of 6.25% it was $1080. Hogan offers lifetime rotate and balance as well. That included $60 or so for a 4 wheel alignment too! Decent total price IMO.

For those unfamiliar with the Yokohama Parada, it is a great tire which offers pretty decent life. I think my last set lasted 4 years (~ 6mo per yr) or 40k miles, but I am not positive. I do know that my truck rides likes new again with the new tires. Well worth the cost!

I do need to get a new set of winter tires to replace my factory Conti 18s (unless I can find a wheel/tire combo in 20" that will survive the winter salt). Ironically, I never had a complaint with the factory Contis. After 8 winters (but only ~40k winter miles), I still have inspection passable tread, but it is time for something new. Toyo? Nitto? Dunlop? Not sure which. I am enjoying the many comments and feedback, so keep them coming!

BOSTONBOB

2005 LE with DVD & Tech. 20 inch MC2ning N2 Chrome wheels (dealer installed), 3A Racing Chrome Exhaust tip, 3M Clear Bra, Burton's custom painted spoiler, Protected by Zaino (the best car polish I have found)
post #135 of 154 Old 08-02-2013, 05:48 PM
AngelVivas
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
AngelVivas is on a distinguished road
Garage
Falken Rocky Mountain ATS

Would it be possible to use a 265 65R 18 tire to alleviate the weight difference of the 265 70R 18 version? Difference of only 7lbs per tire. The OEM size is 51lbs and the 265 65R 18 are 44lbs.

Angel Vivas, III
2006 Nissan Armada SE 4x2 Silver Lightning

UPRev Tuned (Cajun Style)
Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust
Cajun Catless B-Pipes
Volant Cold Air Intake
CSF 3328 Racing All-Aluminum Radiator
2" Front Leveling Kit (To Even Her Out)
Bilstein HD Front Struts
Interior LED Kit
6000 HID Kit
Nissan Black Grill Guard

post #136 of 154 Old 08-03-2013, 01:54 AM
blackArmada_Dxb
SHIFT_Hardcore

blackArmada_Dxb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelVivas View Post
Would it be possible to use a 265 65R 18 tire to alleviate the weight difference of the 265 70R 18 version? Difference of only 7lbs per tire. The OEM size is 51lbs and the 265 65R 18 are 44lbs.
They will look really small on your Mada and the ride will suffer a bit due to the smaller area on the sidewall. Check if those tires are rated for the weight of the vehicle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Interior LED Package, 55W Morimoto 6000k HID Lows, 6000k LED Fogs, Rev Camera, Invisible Car Bra, Upper & lower grille combo, White Door Handles, VOLANT CAI with PowerCore filter, BD Triple Dog GT (Premium Tune + 2 deg)
Bilstein 5100s with maximum lift in the front, 1" Daystar rear lift, Red powdercoated NCP 2773546 NAPA front & 2773545 NAPA rear springs, Rancho 9000XL Rear shocks, F&R Powerstop slotted & drilled rotors with ceramic pads, Front and rear anti-sway bar delete
My Build Thread: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23550
post #137 of 154 Old 08-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Gibtor
SHIFT_Lurker

Gibtor is on a distinguished road
I just ordered the michelin ltx a/t2s in the stock 285/70/r17. I currently have the michelin ltx m/s2 and i must say they are amazing in almost every condition, they are a bit sloppy on snow but still do the job. I have been heavily debating between the a/t2 and the bfg all terrains but the bfgs are a bit to aggressive for now. i should be getting them installed by this weekend hopefully.
post #138 of 154 Old 08-08-2013, 01:23 AM
KMDColo
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
KMDColo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibtor View Post
I just ordered the michelin ltx a/t2s in the stock 285/70/r17. I currently have the michelin ltx m/s2 and i must say they are amazing in almost every condition, they are a bit sloppy on snow but still do the job. I have been heavily debating between the a/t2 and the bfg all terrains but the bfgs are a bit to aggressive for now. i should be getting them installed by this weekend hopefully.
I'm interested what you think of the LTX A/T2 (once installed). I've read mixed reviews on these tires, some people love them, and others hate them. I've heard their softer and cause tracking issues on grooved pavement. I've also heard they cause more body lean due to softer sidewalls. I think these conditions might be more pronounced on SUVs that have floaty handling to begin with.

I really want these tire too, but I was hoping someone else could provide feedback. I'm planning on getting new tires in a month or so, and I'm either getting the Michelins or Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.

The Titan guys seem to love them.

2007 LE, S&B CAI, 2* Timing Advance, BullyDog regular 91 tune. Bilstein HD, Garmin 1490T hardwired with Ecoroute HD.
post #139 of 154 Old 08-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Gibtor
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMDColo View Post
I'm interested what you think of the LTX A/T2 (once installed). I've read mixed reviews on these tires, some people love them, and others hate them. I've heard their softer and cause tracking issues on grooved pavement. I've also heard they cause more body lean due to softer sidewalls. I think these conditions might be more pronounced on SUVs that have floaty handling to begin with.

I really want these tire too, but I was hoping someone else could provide feedback. I'm planning on getting new tires in a month or so, and I'm either getting the Michelins or Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.

I was reading about those issues too. I was a little skeptical while I was looking at them at the shop and the guy there said that he has them on his chevy Tahoe and he really likes the way it made it handle. anyways I'll let you know once I get them installed.
post #140 of 154 Old 08-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Gibtor
SHIFT_Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMDColo View Post

I got them installed today and got an alignment. I didn't feel anything different about them. They handle just the same as the ms2. I tried feeling the soft sidewall on a hard turn like some of the reviews said and it didn't feel anything out of the ordinary for a tore of this size. I haven't taken them off road yet but from the look of the threads I'm sure they will do great. I will do an update once I get more miles on them. Oh and I have a question to whoever can answer this. I checked the psi in the tires because they looked and felt pretty stiff and it was at about 60psi and I know that the sticker on the driverside door says 35 psi. So should I lower the pressure to the specified psi?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1376180618.305195.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	13538
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1376180643.853175.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	13546

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by Gibtor; 08-10-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode