Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Originally Posted by spta97
And they did jack up the price. My 2007 LE 4x4 big tow with out nav or sunroof I paid $37K. Not sure how they are charging $60k now for a few more bells and whistles on the new "Platinum" model.
Actually, I've been a bit surprised that the price of our trucks hasn't really gone up a whole lot since I bought mine. I paid a bit over $41K for my 2006 with everything but DVD (LE 4X4, Nav, etc.) in late 2005. I can get a new 2012 Platinum (which has more features than my 06) for $42K and change, and a new 2013 for $45K (difference is the rebate). Yes, the MSRP has gone up, but not the selling prices. Maybe what should be expected, given the price of gas right now, the current state of the economy, and the fact that the basic design of the Armada hasn't really changed since it was launched back in 2003 as a 2004 model.
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author