not sure which car to get? armada vs qx56 vs sequoia - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#21 Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
Good luck with your new truck. I'm also leaning in that direction, but probably won't be replacing my trusty Armada for another couple of years yet! Make sure you post pics when you get your new ride! And, don't be a stranger over here.

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Awesome!!! We pretty much went through that same path sort of. I was dead set that I wanted a Yukon XL Denali. The 3rd row made it a no-go because one it wasn't fold flat and two the 3rd row leg room was cramped for non-small children. We take care of neices and nephews frequently and there's often I needed the third row to take them home then need it gone to stop by Lowe's or Home Depot to load it up with mulch or dirt so the non-fold flat would've required and extra trip home to either drop off the seat or make a second run to the store. I really tried to make a Denali work there was just no way and I didn't want a Ford at the time so the Armada it was.

Last year a neighbor bought a QX. I never liked the look but theirs is Charcoal and does look really nice. It occured to me that body style is very sensative to paint color, the color can literally determine if it looks good or not. I recently bought a Mini Cooper and it's almost the same way, different colors make it come across as an entirely different car, Mine is Charcoal and when parked next to a Beige, White, or Baby Blue one they just don't look the same.

Great choice you made.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#23 Old 01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Oh snap, forgot to mention, an extended warranty will often pay for itself, if you're gonna have the QX for 6-years get the 100k mile ext warranty with it.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#24 Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
You might consider buying a used one, I took a look at the Infiniti certified pre-owned website, and there were a whole bunch of them with relatively low miles in the Southern California area. I noticed CarMax has quite a few as well, although most of them appear to be ex-rental cars; I have a phobia against that, because I know how I treat rental cars!! If you buy certified pre-owned, you would likely save a bunch of dough, plus you'll get the extended warranty. Downside is that you won't get to experience that "brand new car feeling". :-(

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
#25 Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 PM
tigercat74
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tigercat74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily View Post
You might consider buying a used one, I took a look at the Infiniti certified pre-owned website, and there were a whole bunch of them with relatively low miles in the Southern California area. I noticed CarMax has quite a few as well, although most of them appear to be ex-rental cars; I have a phobia against that, because I know how I treat rental cars!! If you buy certified pre-owned, you would likely save a bunch of dough, plus you'll get the extended warranty. Downside is that you won't get to experience that "brand new car feeling". :-(

Keith
I bought my Armada from carmax and have had only one problem with it. It was an ex-rental and had a few scratches in the interior. The only problem was the motor that drives the power window on the drivers side. It was a 2009 nine model with 5800 miles on it. So I am just saying if you look carefully, carmax can be a good option. Just my two cents.

It's all about the U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#26 Old 01-18-2013, 07:36 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
actually, my sister just bought a use xterra 2011 xterra from a nissan dealership. and it was a rental also. been like 2 months i think. she doesnt have any issue. the truck drove great, suspension feel smooth. i had the same reservation about buying rentals also. but my friend used to work at enterprise and said they do all the necessary checking and maintenance after every rental. but to be safe we also bought the extended bumper to bumper warranted.

'04 LE
#27 Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Joel29
SHIFT_Lurker

Joel29 is on a distinguished road
I was in that same dilemma. I'm glad I went with the Armada. Nicer interior and better gadgets.
#28 Old 01-22-2013, 11:46 PM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
im sure if you go to the toyota forums you will get completely different answers..

test drive both. i think you get more bang for the buck with nissan/infiniti....
#29 Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM
mrazndead
SHIFT_Lurker

mrazndead is on a distinguished road
i'm set on buying an armada over a sequoia and pilot.

the waiting is killing me though, I plan on buying it in march. need to save up just a bit more....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode