Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern California
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Welcome! Lots of threads on this site about towing with the Armada / QX. Bottom line, they make a great tow vehicle. But, they are easy to overload, particularly with tongue weight. Make sure you have a good weight distribution / anti-sway hitch setup, and a good brake controller before you do anything. Also, since you're thinking of getting a used truck to do this, highly recommend you replace all of the fluids (diffs, trans, transfer case, etc.) before you go.
What's in the trailer? How bout some pics?
- 12 Armada Platinum 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 15 Ford Focus Electric (commuter car)
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans (kids car)
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 70,000 miles (play car)
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s
"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author