User Tag List

#1 Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 PM
nb2841
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nb2841 is on a distinguished road
the radio is not working when i got in my 04 armada wednesday morning, then i get in it after work and it comes on... same thing today when i get in it......... anyone have any ideas??

Last edited by Administrator; 01-25-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-25-2013, 01:11 AM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
Re: radio problems

Could be loose connection. Could be that is dying. Its 8 yrs old I wouldn't be surprise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'04 LE
#3 Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 AM
nb2841
SHIFT_Lurker

I would post a picture but I don't know how. When I get in the truck and the radio is not working, the accent lighting works everywhere except the display screen. The radio will be playing thru the speakers but none of the buttons work (to change station, cd, volume, seek, on off button or whatever) this has me puzzled and I'm pretty mechanically minded. Any suggestions?
#4 Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

hold on i have to take pictures of mine so i can show you wants behind the radio.

also to add pictures you can attached when you post using the "post reply" not the "quick reply" there should be paper clip icon. or you can host your pictures on flickr or photobuckets etc..you can copy the URL and click on the icon which looks like a mountain and past your URL there. it will should you these syntax [IMG]image url here[/IMG]

edit: the display could be burn out then if its not working. as you can see from the pictures there is a circuit board behind the bezel. you can open it up and see whats going on. it could be the little lights thats not working. you can search for sidgarza, he made a how to change/upgrades those lights i believe. does the buttons feels solid? like when you push it doesnt just 'sink' in? Can you control the radio on your steering wheel? You said the "When I get in the truck and the radio is not working, ... The radio will be playing thru the speakers but none of the buttons work (to change station, cd, volume, seek, on off button or whatever)" so its working but you just cant control it with button? or its works intermittently?

here are some pics so you know whats behind the bezel.

back of the unit

'04 LE

Last edited by ntrddragn; 01-25-2013 at 11:42 AM.
#5 Old 01-25-2013, 09:09 PM
nb2841
SHIFT_Lurker

thanks for the replys, no the steering wheel controlls do nothing when the radio screen is out. here is a picture of when its not working correctly....
Click image for larger version

Name:	radio.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	11789

as you can clearly see the screen is black, nothing on it...

it quit again a few min ago, i bumped my fist on the drivers side near the 4x4 controll and the screen came to and started working..... it may be a loose connection in that area?? what do you think??
#6 Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 PM
sidgarza
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sidgarza is on a distinguished road
Garage
My guess would be the connector right behind the radio face.

Just pop open the bezel and give it a quick check.

TRADED IN: 2005 Nissan Armada SE Smoke: 2.5 NCD front/PRG 2" rear, 305/55 Nitto Terras, 20" Xd Hoss, Bilstein HDs, 18" Magnaflow Muffler (12" exhaust tip removed), 4" Airaid MXP Missile Intake, Tint (35%front/5%back), Bedlined Mirror Caps & Door Handles, Plasti Dipped Front/Rear Bumper, Removed Air Dam, Debadged, Smoke LED Tail Lights, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Headlight Mod on Halo Projectors, 5000k Lows/Fogs, 5000k Switchback Turnsignals, Interior LED Swap, Superchips Tuned.

CURRENT VEHICLES:
2012 Toyota Prius IV
2004 Isuzu Rodeo

Last edited by sidgarza; 01-25-2013 at 10:16 PM.
#7 Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

yeah like sidgarza said, you gonna need to pop off the bezel and check. put pressure on the connector n see if it start working.

'04 LE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode