Installed Radflo coilovers - Page 4 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#31 Old 01-25-2013, 11:51 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
Re: Installed Radflo coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRILL View Post
Choices, choices SAW or Radflos.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Hahaha...its the same thing different company. u probably be happy with either. Call Greg and ask based on your vehicle what he recommend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'04 LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-25-2013, 11:55 PM
GRILL
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
GRILL is on a distinguished road
Installed Radflo coilovers

I'll go Icons just to be different. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

'07 Smoke Mada: 20" OEM 08' Armada Rims, Nitto Trails 305/55R20, 6" ProComp Lift, Radflo coilvers, PRG UCAs, Firestone AirBag Spring Helpers, 2* Timing Advance, Airaid TBS, Borla Dual Exhaust, Volant CAI, Bully Dog, two Tech12volt underseat box w/ Alpine SWR-T10, Stinger 925 in rear & Alpine PDX 1.1000, ArmaDen 6000k low's
#33 Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 AM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellato1976 View Post
So would you say it is worth the $800? I am not off roading, but city driving and a little towing.
For me its worth it. My rig is a daily driver and the road in san diego r made of cement 3' section at a time. As you can imagine the drive...flop flop flop over every section for miles on end. The rig is 85% on city freeway driving. And when I need it for off road I have it. BUT lots of ppl including lots of titan owners who off road use the bilstein 5100 and love them. Like pops said great bang for your buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbender83 View Post
So should be looking into coil overs also or will I be happy with the new front bilsteins...for the record I'm not towing anything large on a regular basis aside from my duck boat and I don't go off roading but I'm not afraid to take a detour from time to time. Also no plans on lifting

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
See comment above about bilstein.

Sorry guys didn't mean to cause confusion regarding the front suspension. Just wanted to share my experience.

'04 LE
#34 Old 01-26-2013, 03:35 AM
mbender83
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mbender83 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrddragn View Post
For me its worth it. My rig is a daily driver and the road in san diego r made of cement 3' section at a time. As you can imagine the drive...flop flop flop over every section for miles on end. The rig is 85% on city freeway driving. And when I need it for off road I have it. BUT lots of ppl including lots of titan owners who off road use the bilstein 5100 and love them. Like pops said great bang for your buck.

See comment above about bilstein.

Sorry guys didn't mean to cause confusion regarding the front suspension. Just wanted to share my experience.

no confusion just trying to get everything lined up, im trying to avoid taking apart front end numerous times. thanks for the help and input as always everybody
#35 Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 PM
stellato1976
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
stellato1976 is on a distinguished road
I am trying to get 800 bucks off my wife. lol

#36 Old 01-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
It's called "a Secret Savings Account". -lol...

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#37 Old 01-27-2013, 02:32 AM
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
It's called "a Secret Savings Account". -lol...
Lol... That's a good one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
#38 Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 AM
DVG
SHIFT_Lurker

DVG is on a distinguished road
Did you change your upper control arm with these coil overs? Pops, I believe you hit the trails with yours; have you made this change?

Radflo here are trying to tell me that it is 'the' only way to fit these shocks, to change the U.C.A.

Also, what is the general thought about with or with out reservoir; is it a practical added cost? We are not talking about racing cars.

Last edited by DVG; 01-27-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: spelling error
#39 Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVG View Post
Did you change your upper control arm with these coil overs? Pops, I believe you hit the trails with yours; have you made this change?

Radflo here are trying to tell me that it is 'the' only way to fit these shocks, to change the U.C.A.

Also, what is the general thought about with or with out reservoir; is it a practical added cost? We are not talking about racing cars.
No... OEM UCAs are pretty stout unless you're planning to race it offroad... I'd wait until a balljoint goes bad before changing to Heim UCAs. External Res is a waste IMHO, 2.0 & 2.5 shocks have plenty of cooling room, again only if you're planning to race offroad. Alot of the guys gong these directions race over 90mph offroad in the deserts, no joke. I don't think the IRS would hold up to that type of abuse so the UCA and Ext Res wouldn't be necessary. Just my $.02.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#40 Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 PM
DVG
SHIFT_Lurker

DVG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
No... OEM UCAs are pretty stout unless you're planning to race it offroad... I'd wait until a balljoint goes bad before changing to Heim UCAs. External Res is a waste IMHO, 2.0 & 2.5 shocks have plenty of cooling room, again only if you're planning to race offroad. Alot of the guys gong these directions race over 90mph offroad in the deserts, no joke. I don't think the IRS would hold up to that type of abuse so the UCA and Ext Res wouldn't be necessary. Just my $.02.
Thanks for your $.02 Pops, what you say is only common sense and was my same argument with the local dealer, who was more interested in making a sale than making me a customer. I hope Greg from PRG replies soon with an offer for Radflo front and rear to suit.

ntrddragn; can you confirm how much lift you have achieved with the Radflos?

Is there a solution for the rear to level the ride [after using Radflo fronts], without using pucks with the springs? I am going to Nissan spares today to compare the rear coils from the new Patrol Y62 against an Armada's; the setup is very similar, Patrol is a little longer in the travel and a little heavier. Has anyone heard about or looked into this yet?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode