2008 Armada Issues - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
LOL @ Pops. I dont let me kids stick any part of their body out the sunroof or automatic windows.

@Keith and 08ArmadaSe, I am too suprise. I tried my best to hold the sunroof back but it kept going. I had to let go or break it. That goes for the automatic windows in the fronts too. Keith I dont know about your Maxima but my 04 Armada doesnt do it. Well at least I know.

It was funny because when I asked, he said "frankly no one ever ask me this." I think we all assume it does. Similiar to the liftgate.

'04 LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
I was riding in a Titan when the window got rolled up, all i can say is if there was a safety stop, a kid's arm would've been broken before it kicked in, my elbow and wrist were a little sore for a few days.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#13 Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Rainman1
SHIFT_Lurker

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rainman1 is on a distinguished road
Update

Well just an update. I had both valve covers, pcv valves and belt replaced last thursday. So far no more smoke!! or belt noise. Not sure if we are going to keep it yet or trade it in so didnt do the shocks.

Shouldnt the dealer have suggested the valve covers? seems like a pretty common fix instead of just saying "you need a new engine". I think taking a $250 gamble is better than a 7K engine.

Also, as far as the sunroof thing goes, it does have a safety. I too did like you guys did and try to stop the sunroof from closing and thought I would lose my hand in the process. But, for some reason try putting your fingers on the sun visor shield then let the sunroof hit your hand. It will stop for some reason. If your afraid, use a soda bottle extended past the visor and let it close...it will reopen. Although the force is still more than I would like but it works...im now wondering if my daughters neck stopped it rather than hitting open by chance. Otherwise..like a previous poster said..nothing should be sticking out of the windows anyway
#14 Old 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Rainman1
SHIFT_Lurker

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rainman1 is on a distinguished road
Shocks

Also, which shocks give the best ride? Bilstein or Rancho? Also a poster said replace the rear shocks. Shock warehouse does not give a shock choice for rear auto leveling models. So what do you do?

Thanks
#15 Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
For the front, Bilstein are better than Rancho. For the rear, you can replace with OEM and be good for awhile, they are made a bit better than the front OEM ones are.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#16 Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman1 View Post
Also, which shocks give the best ride? Bilstein or Rancho? Also a poster said replace the rear shocks. Shock warehouse does not give a shock choice for rear auto leveling models. So what do you do?

Thanks
Glad to hear you're getting the issues with your truck resolved. As far as shocks, I changed out my front shocks with Bilsteins, made a huge difference. I haven't done anything with my rear suspension, my truck has the factory tow package with the auto leveling system, and so far, everything seems to be working back there.

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode