Brakes Questions.... - Page 5 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#41 Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Awesome!!! I'm getting ready to order the same setup for the Mini Cooper except with extended wear pads instead of ceramic.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Last edited by Pops; 09-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#42 Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
sts16850
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sts16850 is on a distinguished road
Brakes Questions....

Bob, are you still using the posi-quiet pads? I'm sure I saw that you were somewhere, but can't find it now. What would you recommend for me? I'm for sure going with the R1's, but unsure on the pads.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#43 Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 PM
bsljacques
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
bsljacques is on a distinguished road
I have since switched to Hawk pads on the R1 rotors....been very happy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 Nissan Armada LE 4x4 Navi 143,000 miles (wife's mall crawler...better known as = Silver Bullet) OEM SiriusXM Sat Radio install, M&D DVD install, HID conversion, R1Concepts brakes (front) and Bilsteins HD's, JBA LT headers with Cajun B-pipes and UpRev and AirRaid MXP Intake System, Stillen 3-row Aluminum Radiator.....Level 10 Converter and VB upgrade next!!!
2009 Subaru Forester XT 55,000 miles
2011 Harley Fat Bob 8,000 miles
#44 Old 02-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
I've been using Posi-Quiet, I had Ceramic and am now running Scorched Semi-Metallic, next set will be back to Ceramic. Hawk pads are better quality than posi-quiet but the posi-quiet have done well enough for my needs. If NAPA ever has their Adaptive ONE available for these trucks I'll get those.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#45 Old 02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
sts16850
SHIFT_Enthusiast

sts16850 is on a distinguished road
Brakes Questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsljacques View Post
I have since switched to Hawk pads on the R1 rotors....been very happy!
Which Hawk pads did you go with? I haven't researched them. I know they have a Truck/SUV line, but don't know if that is the only one available for the Mada.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#46 Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road
Re: Brakes Questions....

Fwiw...I have the posi quiet ceramic... Installed last April/May. I check it last month almost all gone. That's not my issue with it. I think they are soft. There is a give when your press the brakes. My set were worse then the OEM . I bled it twice. Once with good old fashion pumping and other with the automatic vacuum . so I just learned to drive it with the braking distance. When I had the truck lifted. The guys at the shop bled them again. They too said we don't know we did it 3 times already but your brakes feel soft and it gives a bit before biting. So I just bought the ebc supreme green stuff (7000 series). Haven't gotten them on yet. But reviews been great on them and they were the almost the same price as the posi quiet. But my R1 rotors are pretty solid tho. Will report back when I have a chance to put on the ebc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'04 LE
#47 Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Socially Distorted
SHIFT_Newbie

Socially Distorted is on a distinguished road
Garage
Anyone interested, R1 Concepts is having a St. Patty's deal right now. I just talked with James and got a full set of drilled and slotted eLine's ordered for my Armada paired with Hawk LTS pads. Looking forward to swapping out the OEM's.
#48 Old 03-19-2013, 11:01 AM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

just to update my EBC green stuff extreme after a month or so now...brakes power/grip= great, way better then my R1 concept posi quiet ceramic (i just replaced one pad for another no bleeding was done), dust- a hell of lot, it a squeals to no end sometime loud sometime low. I used a full bottle of brake cleaners and still squeals like a PIG! Verdict great braking but I cant take the squealing, so i will not be buying another set. Next set will be frozen or hawks and I will see how those work.

o yeah forgot to mention I have the R1 concept slotted drilled rotors.

'04 LE
#49 Old 03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
blackArmada_Dxb
SHIFT_Hardcore

blackArmada_Dxb is on a distinguished road
Brakes Questions....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrddragn View Post
just to update my EBC green stuff extreme after a month or so now...brakes power/grip= great, way better then my R1 concept posi quiet ceramic (i just replaced one pad for another no bleeding was done), dust- a hell of lot, it a squeals to no end sometime loud sometime low. I used a full bottle of brake cleaners and still squeals like a PIG! Verdict great braking but I cant take the squealing, so i will not be buying another set. Next set will be frozen or hawks and I will see how those work.

o yeah forgot to mention I have the R1 concept slotted drilled rotors.
Those EBC pads are not broken in yet. Hence the dust and squeaks. After approximately 500-750 miles the dust will reduce a LOT (to almost zero) and the squeaking will reduce as well.

But, yeah, that's the problem with EBC pads. The stopping power is amazing but they squeak like crazy. Even after the bed-in period, they squeak a bit. There is no way you can get rid of them completely.

The only way to minimize those squeaks is to warm up the pads by performing a couple of quick (not emergency) stops every time you take her out for a ride.

But the squeaking is no laughing matter. Even if one tried to describe it in words, no one would believe it. They are really annoying and discourages people from buying another pair in their entire life!

I wouldn't dare look at another pair in my life again, no matter how good reviews they will ever receive in the future!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Interior LED Package, 55W Morimoto 6000k HID Lows, 6000k LED Fogs, Rev Camera, Invisible Car Bra, Upper & lower grille combo, White Door Handles, VOLANT CAI with PowerCore filter, BD Triple Dog GT (Premium Tune + 2 deg)
Bilstein 5100s with maximum lift in the front, 1" Daystar rear lift, Red powdercoated NCP 2773546 NAPA front & 2773545 NAPA rear springs, Rancho 9000XL Rear shocks, F&R Powerstop slotted & drilled rotors with ceramic pads, Front and rear anti-sway bar delete
My Build Thread: http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23550

Last edited by blackArmada_Dxb; 03-19-2013 at 02:12 PM.
#50 Old 03-19-2013, 03:11 PM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Re: Brakes Questions....

I definitely put more miles then that on already. I haven't clean my wheels since I put them on so it could be accumulation but definitely more miles like 3x more.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'04 LE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode