Problems to fix worth fix or trade? - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

#11 Old 02-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Pops is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres56 View Post
Ok doesn't sound that bad. I guess my next worry is how long has this been leaking and hopefully tranny is OK with low fluid. One more how about replacing the pinion seal what's involved with replacing that?
Drain the fluid, remove the flange, pull the seal with a seal puller, lube the new seal, gently and very carefully pound the new seal in, reattach the flange, fill with fluid, and done. 4-hrs top for an amateur..

Or for cheaper than they're trying to rake you for, just by a new 2012 one and put it in.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

Last edited by Pops; 02-14-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 02-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
I haven't read it yet, but here's a write-up on replacing it:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...l-how-fix.html

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#13 Old 02-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Pres56
SHIFT_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pres56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
I haven't read it yet, but here's a write-up on replacing it:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...l-how-fix.html

thanks thats pretty clear my confidence level is beginning to build up on this. Now this clock spring whih looks like a electronic plug in circle? Does anyone know anything about replacing a clock spring in our trucks?
#14 Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Garage
I think you're referring to the Clock Spring in the steering wheel? If so, I think it's required by law to have a shop do that because of the airbag and I would think most body shops should be capable..

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4
#15 Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Pres56
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops View Post
I think you're referring to the Clock Spring in the steering wheel? If so, I think it's required by law to have a shop do that because of the airbag and I would think most body shops should be capable..
10-4 that def makes sense thanks again for all the info I really appreciate it.
#16 Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 AM
MasterxAce
SHIFT_Newbie

MasterxAce is on a distinguished road
Problems to fix worth fix or trade?

Where in MD?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#17 Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Pres56
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterxAce View Post
Where in MD?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm in Hartford county 20 min from Baltimore. But in the end after all of this I ended up just sucking up the bill for then trans cooler line,pinion seal and clock spring. I was running out of time with being down 1 vehicle as my wife and I both work full time. With work being long he's and between my mother in law or my ma watching 2 kids I ran out of options. In this case time was money unfortunately. A lot of money lol. But I def am not letting them fix exhaust and bushings as those are not immediate I can get to shortly. So all in all 540 for clock spring,286 for new trans line, which includes trans flush and new fluid, new clamps because line is damaged also they said they would just drain all of it and flush fresh. And last 420 for pinion seal. If I had to the time the pinion seal could have been a sinch from what I seen on titan forum. I am def not one for the stealership but on this one I just had to suck up my pride knowing I could fix if had the time and bend over and brace for impact lol. At least I got a free loaner car for like 4 days because they are still diagnosing self leveling they traced in to under the dash something electrical maybe fuse or relay not sure I'll know for sure and def will post after all fixed. Thanks again as next time if ever again no way I will take off work find babysitter and make it work
#18 Old 02-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Pres56
SHIFT_Newbie

All done finally....$600 in parts $770 in labor+Vaseline. My self leveling system malfunction was due to relay which is located right behind the battery on the passenger side front as I have seen this time and time again so at least it's a small fix and not my compressor about 21 bucks from infinitparts. I got the dealer to price match they were selling it for like 51 dollars and the infinity site had it for about 21so they price matched that.They wanted 120 to put in on no thanks I'll get to soon. As far as the sway bar once it gets warmer I'm going to go ahead fix I got the new bushings Nissan came out with the part number is 54613 - ZV50A they are like 10 dollars for 2 I believe something like that and I'll fix that when I get a chance far as the exhaust want to get a little warmer outside I think I should be able to scrape up to exhaust clamps a sawzall and making my minor repair.
#19 Old 02-17-2013, 02:16 PM
MasterxAce
SHIFT_Newbie

MasterxAce is on a distinguished road
I live near hershey PA and visit baltimore often. I was there yesterday in fact haha. Just thought maybe a second pair of eyes could help. Thats all. Plus My hobart 140 mig is easily transported. Just a thought. Glad it worked out.
#20 Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Pres56
SHIFT_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterxAce View Post
I live near hershey PA and visit baltimore often. I was there yesterday in fact haha. Just thought maybe a second pair of eyes could help. Thats all. Plus My hobart 140 mig is easily transported. Just a thought. Glad it worked out.
nice thanks for the offering

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode