City Parking Garage Height clearance - Page 2 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #11 of 18 Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 PM
dragon_27
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
dragon_27 is on a distinguished road
yeah i'm at stock height and I always remember it as 6'6 I will fit...

2006 QX56 with all wheel drive and intelligent cruise control

22 inch incubus wheels, 305/45/22 nitto nt420s tires, e&g grille, s&b intake, magnaflow catback exhaust, solo performance resonated tip, bullydog tuner, 10 alpine shallow sub, tech12volt underseat box, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, tvandnav2go unit, harman kardon drive+play dock, tinted tail lights, magnum crossed drilled rotors, weathertech mats, 3m clear and bilstein hd - to do list: cajun b pipes, fm y pipe and blacking out chrome...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
spta97
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
spta97 is on a distinguished road
I took my Armada to a garage once when I worked in NYC and they turned me away due to the height (not to mention they usually charge an additional fee for SUVs ).

I found one on 1st ave (in midtown - around 40th street) that would fit my truck. The garage was in the basment so going up to get out when I was leaving I literally could not see anything. The incline was so great that all I saw was my hood.

I avoid taking any car to the city.

Giggity
post #13 of 18 Old 03-02-2013, 09:35 PM
FST_ARM
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FST_ARM is on a distinguished road
I'm stock height, for now, and have had no issues. I did have a scare last year when I was parking in the Superdome. The rack on top hit the height bar in the garage. The attendant told me that I would be able to fit. I believed her. Every time we hit a ramp I ducked, like that would help. We fit no problem. I guess in the Dome they have some safety factor built in. But I am going to do a mini-lift so that will end the parking garage ability.
post #14 of 18 Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM
regdawg
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
regdawg is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrddragn View Post
I also wanted to add that some garage said 6'6"+ but when you enter it, the incline grade changes which makes it shorter then stated. Vegas has a few of these. Asked Armadeous lol, he found out the hard way even though it said 7'.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Planning to take a trip to Vegas in the mada this July, I'm at stock height. I normally stay at Ballys, Rio, New Orleans, or Ceasars and they all have parking garages. Ceasars is the only one I think doesn't have a lot to park unless you valet.

Is 6'6" the standard for garages? Something I gotta keep in mind now when I take this sucker out of town.

2008 Armada SE - charcoal leather, comf & conv package, tow package, back-up camera, power lift gate, bose stereo
Upgrades so far
*Billet Grille
*Hood Protector
*Bilstein HD front struts
*K&N Air Filter
*Garmin Mechanic HD
post #15 of 18 Old 04-10-2013, 01:05 AM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
im out in LA and ive a 2012 qx. 6 foot 7 for the Q (stock) and lots of garages here in this old town are barely that height.. most are smaller, even down at santa monica.

6 six is what ive seen out here as standard. luckily where I park at in Hollywood for the job and at home are both over 8 feet in height...
post #16 of 18 Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 AM
regdawg
SHIFT_Hardcore

regdawg is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
im out in LA and ive a 2012 qx. 6 foot 7 for the Q (stock) and lots of garages here in this old town are barely that height.. most are smaller, even down at santa monica.

6 six is what ive seen out here as standard. luckily where I park at in Hollywood for the job and at home are both over 8 feet in height...
Im in LA alot and wondered how I would fair down there. I'm in the LBC, orange, and anehrim area alot.

I guess there are always downsides to great things...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 Armada SE - charcoal leather, comf & conv package, tow package, back-up camera, power lift gate, bose stereo
Upgrades so far
*Billet Grille
*Hood Protector
*Bilstein HD front struts
*K&N Air Filter
*Garmin Mechanic HD
post #17 of 18 Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 AM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Hardcore

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
maaaan, when i go out on a date or to meet up with folks, i always try and google street view the area to see the garages and the sizes. most of the time i can zoom in and see the height. i do NOT like street parking and HATE VALET! I will drive a couple of blocks to get a garage or to self park..

dont get me started bro...
post #18 of 18 Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 AM
B_serious
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
B_serious is on a distinguished road
Garage
here in Florida honestly never had a issue but in washington DC i hate it

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page