2010 Nissan Maxima SE, Houston, TX - Page 48 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #471 of 477 Old 12-04-2016, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
PetitFrereArmada is on a distinguished road
Woke up today and went to Mexico through the Progresso border.

First thing was breakfast. Street taquitos. Greasy and yummy. Then off to run errands and do some shopping.

After shopping, it was time to hit the road back for my 6 hours drive under rainfall for the whole trip. Pretty nice weekend on the road.

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 12-05-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 477 Old 12-17-2016, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Took a 4 hours road trip yesterday to the Hill Country to drive on the Twisted Sisters road. Very twisty, curvy and great scenery. Gave my QX some workout and it was a lot of fun.

My QX hit 100,000 on my trip to the HillCountry.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #473 of 477 Old 12-17-2016, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Today was a 5 hours drive through the Hill Country and stopping at certain places to take pictures. Journey took a total of 12 hours with about 6 hours of drive time.
Here is my route that I did today...

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #474 of 477 Old 12-17-2016, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Some pics on the long trip today... I started the trip at 7am in fog and light rain. The scenery was awesome.

Stopped here for breakfast. Just awesome. Very simple and filling breakfast

Next stop, Garner state Park to look around. Great park in Texas. In the summer, this park is packed full all the time. Best park in the San Antonio/Hill Country area

I came to this very straight stretch on the Twisted Sisters and could not resist to pull over to take a pic. It was so peaceful, so quiet and like the only car for a mile in front and behind of me on this desolate highway.

Short break...

After all the Twisted Sisters run, went to Fredericksburg to attend a trade day. Did some shopping then drove to Enchanted rock for hiking and some awesome views.

Made a quick stop to say Hi to a Long Horn and then a long drive back to the hotel to freshen up and post my trip and then going out for dinner. Tomorrow, taking my 4 hours trip back home.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 12-31-2016 at 06:39 PM.
post #475 of 477 Old 12-26-2016, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Went to the beach today and enjoyed engaging 4x4 and gliding in the thick sand.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 12-31-2016 at 06:39 PM.
post #476 of 477 Old 12-31-2016, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

After about 2 years of no road trip, I decided to take my 2008 Maxima to Mexico to visit friends and enjoy the New Years. I made sure I got her ready and hitting the road with this was such a change since I have been driving my suv on all road trips since I bought my first Armada 3 years ago. My Maxima did great. It felt different to me driving it so long since it has not done a long journey like this for close to 3 years now. Wth Valentine 1 going off at the right time for alerts and hearing the trukers talking on my CB radio, it was a great ride.

After 5 hours and some spirited driving, I was happy to see my Maxima still got it and it actually missed going on long trips. I could tell by the way it handled. Got to my friend's place as the sun was setting and had some good Mexican food.

Crossed over the border this morning for shopping, eating and just hanging out over there.

Getting back into the US was a bit funny this time. I get to the border patrol, we hand over our passports. So, he asks me what am I using the Cb radio antenna for. I told him it is my CB radio that I use for offroading. He quickly looked at me with that look that said "Offroading in this Maxima?" So he asked do I offroad in this car? Oh, I smiled. I said no. I offroad in my suv. He asked what kind of suv I have. I told him a 2012 QX56. He said is that the new luxury suv? I said yes. Then he asked so you offroad in a luxury suv? Ok, this was getting serious. So, I told him yes. Then he asked where do you offroad. I said my last offroad was in Ouray where I attended a offroad event of Toyota FJs. Wow. He said what? You drive a Infiniti and you go offroad with Toyotas at a Toyota event? Well, I gave him dates and the name of the event. His eyes got wide and brightened with excitement as he told me he just bought a FJ Cruiser and has read a lot about the event I am talking about and he is dying to go next year. We spent the next 2 minutes literally me telling him more about the event and seeing how excited he is about it. He quickly realized he was at work and bid me farewell as he handed back our passports as we got back into the US.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 12-31-2016 at 06:53 PM.
post #477 of 477 Old 01-01-2017, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

On my way back today, stopped for some Valley Oranges.

About an hour from this point, I met a fatality on the road. It was a head on collision between a minivan and a pickup truck.

The accident was between a minivan and a pickup truck. One person in the pickup truck and a family of 4 in the minivan. I don't know what exactly happened for them to hit each other, but the first people on the scene who called 911 said they basically got there when the accident just happened. A few people went to attend to the driver in the pickup truck and his truck was mangled that they could not pull him out. He was barely speaking and trying to move, but no ne could move him out. He died about 5 minutes later, which was when I pulled up at the scene of the accident.

Got out of my car and joined the others to control traffic. Then a bit down the road was the minivan. A dad, mom, and 2 kids. Dad seemed pretty hurt, while mom looked ok but the 2 boys very shaken and hurt in the chest and one bleeding Nothing serious.

Paramedics arrived at the scene 10 minutes after accident occurred. Cops arrived about 2 minutes after paramedics. People were just slowing down enough to take pictures and kept on going. I helped until cops showed up and I had to leave. Truly a sad scene for the 1st of the year.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 01-01-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode