More ABS/near brake failure problems - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 55 Old 06-02-2006, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
SCOTTINATLANTA
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SCOTTINATLANTA is on a distinguished road
Exclamation More ABS/near brake failure problems

I have had numerous episodes like those described in the thread "bad ABS on Armada". Everything is going well and I am traveling at low speed and step on the brakes and hear a terrible grinding sound coming from the brakes in addition to a spring like sound and a significant reduction in braking power. This continues until I pull off the road and shut off the engine and then start it back up and the brakes work fine. This has happen to myself and to my wife at least 15-20 times. (2004 Armada)

We took the car to the dealer in Roswell, GA several times. The first few times the answer was that they can't find anything wrong. Several weeks ago we took it in for the same issue and were told the same thing, but this time the brake problem recurred on the way home. We called the dealer and they drove to my car and picked it up and left me with a loner. Now they had the car running with the problem so I thought great now we can get this fixed!!!

They determined that the ABS actuator circuit was open and therefore replaced the ABS actuator. Great problem fixed, at least for 3 weeks. Same brake issues occurs again this week. Brought it back to the dealer and the answer I get is "Can't find any problem". I can't understand this response at all!!! It is the same problem as before!! The fix did not work!!!!

There seem to have been several people experiecing the same issues. Any thoughts or contacts so I can point these guys in the right direction??

If this were my dealership my answer would have been that I'm going to start replacing every piece of the braking system 1 at a time until we get it right. This is a real safety issue!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 06-02-2006, 09:44 AM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Search on-line for...

Nissan Consumer Affairs. They will give you some satisfaction.

Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Monday through Friday
post #3 of 55 Old 06-02-2006, 10:42 AM
92TripleBlack
SHIFT_Hardcore

92TripleBlack is on a distinguished road
I don't know about several people. From what I've read, you are number 2. However, where brakes are concerned, 2 is too many. If you have been in 3 times, I'd lemon, get a new one with the new brake components, and probably (99%) without the problem you are experiencing. It sounds like it is such a rare problem, they don't know what it is. ABS acutator bad might be it, but why is it going bad? Is there something frying it higher up the food chain? Gives you a chance to get a newer rattle free rig at the same time.
post #4 of 55 Old 06-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
Find a new dealer. This problem has been reported before, and has been fixed (at least, according to posts on this forum). Nissan Consumer Affairs is a joke, they won't do anything to help you, only stall you. If a new dealer can't fix it, call an attorney that specializes in lemon law cases, and replace your 04 with an 06, like I did.

Keith

PS - Nissan Corporate is no longer in California, they moved east, to Tennessee I think.

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #5 of 55 Old 06-02-2006, 10:48 AM
92TripleBlack
SHIFT_Hardcore

Good Point. Only about half of the dealers have good repair guys. I'm lucky enough to have 4 in the general area. Good luck!
post #6 of 55 Old 06-02-2006, 10:55 AM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfamily
Find a new dealer. This problem has been reported before, and has been fixed (at least, according to posts on this forum). Nissan Consumer Affairs is a joke, they won't do anything to help you, only stall you. If a new dealer can't fix it, call an attorney that specializes in lemon law cases, and replace your 04 with an 06, like I did.

Keith

PS - Nissan Corporate is no longer in California, they moved east, to Tennessee I think.
I agree about finding a new dealer, but consumer affairs should be able to solve some situations. They do not want bad press.
The toll free number is still good even if they have moved.
post #7 of 55 Old 06-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Campfamily
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Campfamily is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakSpyda
I agree about finding a new dealer, but consumer affairs should be able to solve some situations. They do not want bad press.
The toll free number is still good even if they have moved.
Nissan Consumer Affairs will do nothing for you. I know, I have tried them, both on my first Armada, and on my Maxima, when I had a warranty issue. They pretend to listen, assign you a case number, and you don't hear a thing back from them. Then, you call them back, leave lots of messages, if you're lucky, they'll call back. Nissan has not made its reputation on customer service; if it weren't for the fact that their cars are so good, I wouldn't be a Nissan owner.

Keith

- 12 Armada Platinum, 4WD, Tuscan Sun (red)
- 06 Armada LE, 4WD, Red Brawn, QX56 Wheels (traded)
- 04 Armada LE, 4WD, Smoke (lemon lawed)
- 08 BMW 550i, Manual Trans, Sport Package
- 00 Maxima SE, Manual Trans
- 65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible, 401 ci, 2nd owner, original condition, 68,000 miles
- Prowler Lynx 826M Travel Trailer, 26', 5000#'s

"How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy."
--Paul Sweeney, author
post #8 of 55 Old 06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Well damn! I'm sorry to hear that. I never had the opportunity to call them, but thought I was passing on some good info.

SO, SCOTTINATLANTA, here you have input from a few mambers saying that Consumer Affairs is a waste of time.

Sorry if I gave you false hope!
post #9 of 55 Old 06-10-2006, 10:52 AM
deryck67
SHIFT_Lurker

deryck67 is on a distinguished road
I just had the SAME isue this morning. Out of the blue, with my two kids in the car. What is the most concerning is that I must use the same dealer as you becuase there is only one in Roswell that I know of. Now I am not sure what to do. I have had two recalls on this car already (2004) and now this.

2004 Armada LE 4X4
Tow Package
Nav & DVD (DVD pumped through to Nav)
Kuhmo 305/45/22
KTP K600 22" Rims
Mr. Grill Billet Grill
Volant CAI
Brushed Aluminum & Wood Dash
APC Shift Knob & Racing Pedals

1963 T-Bird
2001 BMW X5
2000 Mastercraft X-Star
post #10 of 55 Old 06-10-2006, 09:16 PM
92TripleBlack
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryck67
I just had the SAME isue this morning. Out of the blue, with my two kids in the car. What is the most concerning is that I must use the same dealer as you becuase there is only one in Roswell that I know of. Now I am not sure what to do. I have had two recalls on this car already (2004) and now this.
Its a first year truck. All first year vehicles stink. You get one from any maker with full knowledge it will be back several times. This is why I got a second year vehicle. (In the Sequoia case, you needed a 4th year). So, bring it in, get it fixed. If they can't fix it in 3 visits, lemon and get a new one. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Just ask any '99 Grand Cherokee owner, etc. The only thing that surprises me is the surprise of others.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode