Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

ECU Power Programmers

81K views 108 replies 37 participants last post by  Jason B 
#1 · (Edited)
I know there are other threads about these products. But I was thinking we can make a list of all the available programmers available for our Armadas. Here's what I have so far. Feel free to post links/products that I have missed so that I can edit the first post q=)

http://www.uprev.com/
Cipher = $300
Osiris Flash = $400
Osiris Standard = $700
Etune = $50

http://www.hypertech.com/
Max Energy = $330 - $379

http://www.bullydog.com/
Powerpup = $325 - $450
*NEW* Triple Dog GT Gas Gauge Tuner = $469 retail

http://www.superchips.com/
Cortex = $429

If anyone has information they would like to add to these items as far as real world performance ease of use etc. I'd be glad to add them here.

See less See more
#3 ·
Here is a Bully Dog Review from a forum user:

JDFSU said:
I have been running regular gas and have had the Bully Dog for a few months now. I would say that the average gain has been about 2mpg above stock combination city and highway driving. Highway is really where you see the most gain. The Bully Dog does give you the option for what they call Wide Open Throttle. If you install that you will not see gains in MPG. I saw a decrease. I think it was because you have all of the engines power immediately and to floor it was too much fun:)
I have the following set up:

J&B intake
Airaid TB Spacer
Gibson Cat Back Exhaust
Bully Dog Programmer (standard program for regular 87 octane gas)
2 degree timing advance

On the highway this is netting me depending on speed 2.5-3.5 mpg gain.
My normal driving is 65% hwy 35% city I am netting about a 2 mpg gain.

#4 ·
And Another for Bully Dog:

40boy said:
I bought one of these from Jason a few months ago. I did the 2 degree advance and installed the program for regular unleaded fuel. My combined city/highway (about 60% city driving) mileage before both adjustments was about 14.8 mpg. It now stays pretty constant at 15.7 mpg.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, It is nice to see these results. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada and the dealer did not like the BD. They are trying the superchip and states it would cost $700 Canadian. Does anyone in Canada have the BD product? I tried calling the BD in the states and the guy was pretty rude with answering my questions... I also tried the Canadian disturber and the same thing, go figure...

#9 ·
All those so called chips on eBay are junk. They won't do anything except maybe lower your mileage. Do not waste your money on them.

#12 ·
Updated!

This looks very interesting. I wonder if anyone has one of these yet and can provide some feedback on the new Triple Dog GT Gas Gauge Tuner

#13 ·
If you have done more mods than just a cat back and CAI (such as headers, cams, etc) there is only one product that can tune your engine - UpRev.

#14 ·
I have one and have posted some stock numbers with it. Now that I have my lift and larger tires I'm going to get some 1/8th mile times befor and after tune. These power chips are the single most effective and easiest way to add power. It seems like there would be more interest in them.

Bill

#15 ·
Will Bully Dog work with 2004 QX56

They do not list 2004 on their site. Supposedly a different ecu or program oin 2004 Trucks. Their website only lists 05-09

Can anyone varify this?

I am partialy leaning toward Bully Dog... But may have the get the Superchips or Hypertech.. They do not however let me change timing.

Thanx...

#17 ·
I am partialy leaning toward Bully Dog... But may have the get the Superchips or Hypertech.. They do not however let me change timing.
Superchips Cortex lets you do the 2 deg adv timing. I've done it on mine.

#24 ·
The BD is a simple install, you can easily do it yourself.

#26 ·
Hello I have a VOLANT CAI, LT Headers,, Magna Flow cats, Dual in and single out IMCO muffler. Im trying to decide what tuner would be the best for my set up. Any recommendations are appreciated.

#29 ·
Only UpRev will get the most out of your vehicle with the mods you have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.