Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Armada in shop for 45 days

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Believe_ET.2 
#1 ·
I took my Mada in because I was getting the code po174 bank 2 I believe that's what it is. My Mada is an 09 with 56000 miles on it. I took it to Tom peacock nissan in houston. They have had it for 45 days. I am not griping just gonna post what all they have done. At first they changed o2 sensor, then changed some wiring for some reason then changed the computer then injectors all of them, after each one of these still has same code. They are running extensive tests, orders from nissan engineers via email back and forth to the mechanic. So this process has been long and finally an engineer came out to nissan to re-diagnose my Mada after tons of test and taking off my banks intake to only to put it back on cause that didn't have anything to do with it they drop the whole exhaust and inspect it they notice heat stress cracks on some welds of the catalytic converters so now this is the next step to getting my Mada back to me but the parts are shipping from new york so this week I should know something. I will post more when I get the final results and And a breakdown of everything they did. It's not costing me anything yet cause I still have warrenty from factory on these electronic parts they replaced and injectors. I will update when I know more.

#2 ·
i'm confused. If the O2 code still popped up after putting in a new O2 sensor than the next step was to replace the catalytic converters. I don't understand why they had to replace the injectors and computer. Most likely new catalytic converters would of fixed it and you would of had your car back at the end of the day.

#3 ·
my fault, I just looked up that code it said it was running lean so it probably isn't the catalytic converters then. Though its possible the exhaust manifold could be cracked and causing a lean reading from the sensor. Or your MAF sensor is going bad but I would think you'd get a MAF sensor trouble code also.

#5 ·
Yea I am tempted to definitely change dealerships the service guy has been good though very professional I can't complain there . I am just going by what they tell me. I just hope this fixes it so I can have my Mada back. I'll keep you all posted to what happens this week.

#6 ·
Ok so after 51 days they tell me it's fixed all the pressures are where they are supposed to be. Numerous sensors was changed along with injectors and the last thing they did was change Catylitic convertor and maf sensor. I had extended warrwnty especially and all that. They did me right I paid my 50 dollar deductible and that was it. I even had a rental for 51 days that had a ding in the door and a rock hit the windshield but they didn't charge me. Sucks I was out the car for 51 days but blessed that nissan took care of me.

#8 ·
So what was wrong with it? Sounds like they through a bunch of parts at it. Glad they fixed it and took care of you with the rental but they had it a very long time with what sounds like no real diagnosis.

#9 ·
Were you constantly getting the P0174 error or was it intermittent? I get the same error occasionally when the weather is warm. I'm hoping mine is just a bad o2 sensor.

#10 ·
NICE captj. IT LOOKS LIKE THAT DEALER TOOK CARE OF YOU AND FIXED ALL YOUR ISSUES. NICE.....

BELIEVE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.