Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

How to Improve MPG?

8K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  marctronixx 
#1 ·
I have 09 Mada and looking for some suggestions on how to improve my MPG as this has become my daily driver. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Fo sho! :D

Granny drive the beast.

#7 ·
Some of us have swapped out the differential and tranny fluids for fully synthetic oils and that has shown to improve the MPG quite a bit. A CAI wont hurt, but if you use the stop sign as a launch pad every single time, like ntrddragn does, then it wont help at all. :D

Some have found marginal success using a Bully Dog/Super Chips Tuner and a light foot. Others have not. An exhaust upgrade also helps, because the stock exhaust is somewhat heavy and restrictive (from what I've read here)....

However, it would most definitely be a couple of years before you get your money back if you were to invest in all those mods..

#8 ·
5.6 V8, almost 6000 pounds, don't complain, I wish I got 15 MPG!! Only way to do any better is to park it!

#9 ·
Simply.., get off the throttle. CAI.., comes with one from the factory, draws air from left front fender area, no engine heat there. If you want to do better, use the cruise control as often as possible and drive at the very least the speed limit and I like what the previous post said about driving like you have an egg between your foot and the pedal.

#10 ·
i have 12.7 in my 09 qx and i don't know way. i thought it's bad until i read your feedback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.