Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2006 Armada SE for $15K...good deal?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Campfamily 
#1 ·
Hi all.

Last week we were looking at an LE with 70K miles for $14.6k and it was bought out from under us.

This week we have found a 2006 SE model with 61K miles for $15k. It looks good, drives and brakes straight. The interior is in good shape, (overhead console is tight), AC works, no noticeable squeaks or rattles. Good clean Carfax, the vehicle was bought and traded at the same dealer. The dealer is going to replace two tires and the right headlight, which is full of condensation. The only thing we will install is the tow hitch and wiring, (which means the previous owner didn't tow!).
We drove it for 20-30 minutes, both around town and on the highway. Coming from our Honda Pilot, it feels like the truck "lumbers". Thats the best word my wife and I could come up with. It doesn't have the tight feeling of the Honda. Does that sound right?

All in all, we liked it, but I wanted to post to the forum to see if there was any feedback before we pull the trigger!

Thanks,
Jason

#2 ·
Are you planning to tow? Since it doesn't have the tow package, means it's only got a tow rating of 6500 lbs, not 9100 if it does have the tow package.

#3 · (Edited)
If you (and your wife) are comfortable with how it rides and all I'd say go for it. I have a 2013 NEW two years ago. I liked so much that I go a second one (2011 Platinum Edition) just two day ago, used with 24K miles. Armadas keep their resale value my 2011 cost me 28K. Just come back to this forum and checkout what other members / proud owners have done and experienced should you need help once you own it. Good Luck!!!

#4 ·
Sounds like it is in good condition based on your assessment. Go for it if you guys like it. Since it is a 2006, it is already 9 years old. So, if it is that old and has only 61k miles, it means it was driven an average of about less than 7,000 miles a year. I say it may have been babied. So, go for it if you like it and your assessment of it sounds like it is good.

Then since it is that old already, I will say look into getting the fluids changed, spark plugs, belt, pcv valve and anything else you think of. That is just a suggestion. But you know it is totally up to you what you wish to do when you buy it.

This is my thread of what I did to mine. Just a suggestion.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50130

#7 ·
The hitch can be added, but the complete tow package cannot (at least, not economically). In 2006, the tow package included lower gears, air suspension in the rear, larger trans cooler, trans temp gauge, and a larger battery / alternator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.