flashing blinking airbag warning light - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #1 of 294 Old 11-04-2004, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
llajumpvid
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
llajumpvid is on a distinguished road
flashing blinking airbag warning light

Since some of you guys here are new owners I thought I'd save you a trip to the dealer once you start modifing your armada's. I'm not sure what set's it off (other than pulling things apart) but at some point you will likely end up with a flashing airbag sensor light. Here is how to reset it yourself.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

Last edited by llajumpvid; 01-17-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 294 Old 03-01-2005, 06:45 PM
andy
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
andy is on a distinguished road
llajumpvid,
You made my day. Thanks for posting this.
I've been pissed off since this morning when I pulled off the cluster lid to get to the radio. I just pulled it off, then pushed it right back on.
Then the airbag light started to flash when I started the car up.

I followed exactly what you wrote and the light stopped flashing!

I was dreading all day going to the dealer to get it fixed.

Thanks!
post #3 of 294 Old 03-09-2005, 12:54 PM
poison_blood
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
poison_blood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to poison_blood
you are the men

thanks for the 411 I was getting crazy because the sensor blink. but I have a new monitor and some new bass thanks again

04 Armada se 4x4
play station2 new monitor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

camry 03 18's and 1600watts of sound power

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 294 Old 03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
andy
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
andy is on a distinguished road
Thanks again llajumpvid,
I pulled my driver seat out today to run some wiring and the airbag light started blinking again. But this time, no worries.
I knew what to do.
post #5 of 294 Old 05-05-2005, 01:50 AM
bootyologist24
SHIFT_Enthusiast

bootyologist24 is on a distinguished road
Ok, I tried this and it didnt work for me. I'm sure it was something I am doing wrong. Now when you say turn the key on, do I have to turn the ignition all the way on or just enough to turn on all the warning lights. Any small details I have to look out for. Man I better check to make sure it was actually plugged back in after the shop got done putting in my DVD. Where can i find out to see if in fact it was plugged back together?
Thanks
post #6 of 294 Old 05-05-2005, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
llajumpvid
SHIFT_Hardcore

Should just turn it to on, dont start it. If the passenger airbag light is on when no one is sitting in the seat then you should be hooked up, unless they took something from under the seat apart.

Lonnie
Mods: 20% tint, Blaupunkt ME3 TV/DVD player wired into factory dvd wiring
, 7" monitor
recently upgraded to a M&D 9", video on Navigation screen, reverse camera, Street Scene grille, hood, vent, and sunroof deflectors, and a fully functioning
and Upreved

post #7 of 294 Old 05-17-2005, 11:44 PM
300zxgame
SHIFT_Lurker

300zxgame is on a distinguished road
300zx

hey, i just recently bought a 93 300ZX and i know this is a armada forum, but my airbag light was flashing and i brought it to the dealer first, and they quoted me 1200$ for a new airbag controller. needless to say i did not let them repair it, and now that i have the car back, the light is flashing slower in that "diagnostic mode" you were talking about, so i dont know where to start this method you have from. id like to try it, please let me know, thanks
post #8 of 294 Old 05-18-2005, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
llajumpvid
SHIFT_Hardcore

Try doing a search on freshalloy.com that is a good all nissan forum. Someone might be able to help you there. You might try and see if there is a chilton book at the local auto parts store and see if they have a section on the airbags, you might be able to decipher the code that is blinking.

Lonnie
Mods: 20% tint, Blaupunkt ME3 TV/DVD player wired into factory dvd wiring
, 7" monitor
recently upgraded to a M&D 9", video on Navigation screen, reverse camera, Street Scene grille, hood, vent, and sunroof deflectors, and a fully functioning
and Upreved

post #9 of 294 Old 05-19-2005, 05:12 AM
ashkanm
SHIFT_Lurker

ashkanm is on a distinguished road
Talking air bag problem is gone

thanks you guys i did what you guys said (turning the switch to on and off)and it worked ,it saved me time and money
post #10 of 294 Old 05-20-2005, 03:57 AM
bootyologist24
SHIFT_Enthusiast

bootyologist24 is on a distinguished road
, I tried again after a couple weeks and it work. Much appreciated llajumpvid

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode