post #1 of 5 Old 05-12-2017, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Jprahl
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jprahl is on a distinguished road
Improve my A/C efficiency?

I'm living in Middle East and the heat is coming aggressively. Noticed that the A/C is a bit weak in my 2013 Armada. I have checked the pressure and changed cabin fan filter. I wonder if anyone changed compressor etc to a "bigger" or done something to improve the efficiency of the A/C?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-12-2017, 09:21 AM
twinblown
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
twinblown is on a distinguished road
As everyone knows the Armada AC is inefficient when operating in hot humid climates over 90 degrees, specially when the vehicle is not in motion. I believe the problem is mainly due to the small pusher fan which does not cover a large enough area of the condenser, thus not being able to lower the temperatures quickly and efficiently. I have been thinking of adding an additional fan in the upper left side of the condenser to see if that improves the cooling efficiency. I can tell you that using the rear AC when you first turn it on degrades the cooling ability. What I do is use the front AC only until the cabin has cooled good enough and then I turn the rear AC on; seems to make a difference in my case. When the vehicle is in motion and due to the amount of air flow the efficiency is much better and the problem does not present it self. I kind of proved my theory of the inefficiency at idle by revving the car to 1500-2000 RPM when you do so the clutch fan now locked draws more air across the condenser and you can feel air out of the vents get cooler. I don't know if anyone here has attempted to add a fan due to the limited space although I think it's possible.

2010 Armada
2005 Pathfinder
1999 VR4
post #3 of 5 Old 05-13-2017, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Jprahl
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jprahl is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your advice! Have tried your procedure and it seems to work. I just check out and I think I can fit in a second aux fan if I move the original a bit but do you think I just can connect them parallel (wiring)??

post #4 of 5 Old 05-18-2017, 03:05 PM
twinblown
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
twinblown is on a distinguished road
I would not connect in parallel

2010 Armada
2005 Pathfinder
1999 VR4
post #5 of 5 Old 05-19-2017, 09:15 PM
Dallas01
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dallas01 is on a distinguished road
That's too bad Jprahl and assume you have engaged the Recirculate function. I disagree with twinblown as I have zero cooling issues while operating under extreme conditions. Not sure what others experience but I've towed boat slowly in the very hot humid south east as well as triple digits in southwest and A/C blows cold. Best of luck in resolving! Keep us posted.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode