Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

New to the car,have a few specific questions

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Campfamily 
#1 ·
Hey everybody,Im gonna be finding and getting an armada in about 2 weeks. Probably an 05-07 model,After extensive research i have a few specific questions i cant find answers for,any input is greatly appreciated.

I plan on having 2 car seats in the third row, I wanted to know if there is car seat latches near where the seatbelts are? Or if a carseat can be securely anchored back there?
Also wanted to know what access to the third row is like? do the seats fold and side forward? How much of a pain would it be to get 2 toddlers back there? Though im willing to deal with it,just wanna know what im in for.
How does it handle? Where i live theres mostly windy steep mountain roads, alot of roads are kinda tight also. I just want to make sure it rides nice and isnt all over the place and drives true to its course.
Last for now is there a second dvd monitor for the 3rd row? is that only on higher end models or was i maybe mislead and viewed a picture wrong? could the dvd monitor be easily seen from the third row?

i know its alot and any input is appreciated,even if its bits and pieces ill take it!

#4 ·
Yes, the Titan Big Tow mirrors will fit on an Armada. However, make sure you get the right ones, there are two versions, believe the difference is heat. You may have to get creative with the connectors. There are a lot of posts in our Towing section about these mirrors, take a cruise through there for more information.

Be aware that you may lose some functionality from the standard Armada mirrors, depending on which trim level you get. LE / Platinum models come with integrated turn signals, auto dim, puddle lights and power folding. The Big Tow mirrors will not have those functions.

#3 ·
I have 3 forward facing seats and one rear facing installed in my Armada. I have bucket seats in the middle row, so I removed the center counsel. I used to fold a seat down, which in the armada is so easy compared to most SUV's.

For anchoring, I use the lap belts for the two forward facing seats in the 3rd row because they hold my two oldest kids and they say that is safest. I did install two custom anchors for the over the seat tethers. I removed two of the floor cargo hooks and installed 1/4" thick angle brackets with grade 8-bolts. I may drill out the holes to pass through the body and put a longer nut and bolt combo in. (I'll post pictures when I'm back in the country)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.