Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Help Bulletproof lift.

43K views 98 replies 10 participants last post by  Peskadot 
#1 · (Edited)
12 inch Bulletproof lift.

I got the bulletproof lift and have a shop customizing the rear end to match the lift. Those of you in the know, do I need a drive shaft spacer? I see the one for the Titan at PRG for $69.00. If I need a drive shaft spacer will that one work? I purchase the standard lift so I am not getting new coils for the front end. I will use the stock coils until I can get the new ones later. The coils will be stacked on to the BP coil spacer and on top of that will be the PRG leveling spacer. Total lift with this combo should be 12 inches. The rear end is getting a custom sub frame similar to the pictures I have attached. I will not be using air bags as seen in the picture. The stock springs will have to do until I figure out what size shocks I need and where to mount them. I see the 6 inch pro comp lifts come with a bracket that attaches to the rear end of the lower arm for a shock. I also have the stock airbag leveling system. I assume I can remove this and install a shock in its place? Just need to get the correct measurement after the lift is installed. I saw POPs rear end with two shocks installed. Is this necessary for a smooth ride? As of right now I think I will have no shocks when the lift is complete until I get the measurements and buy some. Will this hurt my ride and cause broken parts? I will also be using the PRG leveling kit in the rear end, the one that drops into the lower control arm. The plan is to purchase shocks to insert in the place of the leveling airbag system. I am going with Fox racing since that is what my wife likes and will allow me to purchase the item faster than trying to sway her to a different brand. Is there a way I could eliminate the warning lights that will come on from removing the air leveling system? I appreciate the help and will take lots of photos for CA.

Attachments

See less See more
#81 ·
Kings coilovers 18 inch 600 lbs paired with some fox coilover shocks. Just gotta do the install. Any pointers on things I need to know? Basically going to remove the oem and bolt on these as shown.

Attachments

#82 ·
Good luck and take lots of good pics!

#83 ·
Where are the Top Hats??? The topside needs a top hat to attach into the coilbucket... During removal I usually take out the top first then the bottom and install in reverse order because with the swaybar disconnected you can just stand on the LCA to expand room for enough clearance.

#84 ·
@Pops I think these are going in the rear shock location.

#86 ·
Rear shocks, coilovers and top hat.

Attachments

#87 ·
Tail Lights

Picked up these SPEC D led tail lights. Now I have choices. Been busy getting ready for my new baby and working on the Orange Crush that instill need to install my Fox coil overs and shocks.

Attachments

#88 ·
Fox Racing

Installed fox coil overs with kings springs and fox shocks in the rear. Going to dress up the remote resivor when I get the clamps in. It's zip tie for now lol.

Attachments

#90 · (Edited)
Thanks Todd. 1st install failed. The truck was to low and my wide wheels rubbed. I had to add the prg spacer between the coil bucket and the coil over. Also had crank down the springs a little. Now I am interested in adding another short spring to eliminate that 5 inch gap on the coils. Going to have to research what spring rate for a 4 or 5 inch spring is needed.

#91 ·
Small kine addition. Finished my Interior LED lighting by adding JDM LEDs to the vanity mirrors. Now I have all lights interior, puddle, doors and amp stems all LED. Also added super bright JDM reverse LEDs. Makes a difference big time. Now I can see using my reverse camera at night. Still got the orange monster for sale if anyone intrested. I going mainland and can't ship 3 trucks. I'll keep my black and white and trying to sale the orange.

#93 ·
The mods continue

Big Mahalo to Gibson exhaust. My Metal Mulisha tip was rusting and they sent me a new one for free. I decided to plasti dip the new one for further rust protection. Also thanks to TNT tint Hawaii for the new 5%. Reversing at night gets tricky lol.

Attachments

#94 ·
Adding the Volant TBS. Going make the CAI louder!

Attachments

#95 ·
Royalty core grill 10.0 mesh chromed out added. The fit needs work. The grill is solid 1 pc and has for mounting brackets on the top and three on the bottomed just like the stock grill. They give me 7 bolts to mount the grill using the stock holes. Problem is the stock grill used the plastic clips that clip into the mounting holes. I did not figure out how to get those bolts into the top mounting holes and then be able to use the provided washer and nut to complete the mount. There is no access for tools on those top mounts. I did get the bottom ones in and locked tight. For the top I used the stock plastic clips. This is causing the fit to be less than perfect as the top of the grill sits to far in and the bottom grill is to far out. I got to find a way to get those bolts in there in order to get a perfect fit. The grill is killaz and I have a custom Hawaii decal in the works.

#97 ·
Pics of the grill. I nevafix the installation yet but will get around to it and take more pics den

Attachments

#98 ·
Grill top n bottom

Attachments

#99 ·
Mahalo Jason for da Burtmans rear spoiler. My son ask, "why we need one Wing?" My reply, "so we can fly."

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.