Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Running Boards for Nissan Armada

14K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  NavajoMylo 
#1 · (Edited)
Most of you were probably looking for something innovative and convenient for your Nissan Armada. For some of us more electronics - means easier usage and more abilities, for others - less electronics - means more reliability and less problems with repairs. We decided to share with you 2 cool options of running boards for the Nissan Armada 2012-2014 and see, which ones you like.

AMP Research® - PowerStep™ Black Powdercoat Running Boards
will make your ride more comfortable, they are secured from corrosion, come with OEM-quality hardware and can be easily installed. But the main point that it does not make your clearance less, so you have enough room for maneuver and don't have to worry that your baby gets hurt.

Here are only some of the awesome features of this running boards:
- Running boards extend outward when doors are opened, then retract flush underneath the vehicle when doors are closed
- Running boards extend and retract in approximately one second
- 5-year / 60,000 mile warranty exceeds new car vehicle warranties
- Manufactured in the United States.

Check prices and see other details here: http://www.carid.com/nissan-armada-running-boards/

Checkout this video to see how exactly they work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q0XL2Lusj8

Aries® - 6" Oval Tube Side Bars is a tough and secure option with true convenience and stability, which gonna serve you for a lifetime.

Here are some main features:
- Made in 6" steel tubing
- Easy no-drill bolt-on mounting
- Mounting brackets sold separately.

Which ones you think you would go with?

See less See more
#2 ·
AMP Research Promo!

You will never stop getting the gifts with AMP!

Customers have a chance to earn a $100 American Express Reward Card when purchasing AMP PowerSteps. Do not miss the opportunity to get the gifts! Offer is valid through February 28, 2015.

#3 ·
I could not be happier with my APM steps. People always ask me how do u get my truck? I answer by opening the door and the steps drop down lol. Lifted Armada plus amp steps....mean!

Attachments

#5 ·
Anyone know if titan running boards will fit the madas?

#11 · (Edited)
So upset right now. I got my Westin nerf bars today and the box/instructions say for nissan titan. Looking at the brackets and diagram and not even close to how the running board is installed on the mada right now. The guy I talked to even guaranteed fitment. Now gonna have to ship this oversized box back. I'm kinda hesitant now to order nerf bars online thinking I might get the wrong ones again.

Anyone ordered nerf bars for their mada's and fit perfectly? Where did you order from?

#7 ·
Is there a "how to" on how to remove the OEM running boards? I just ordered the Westin 3" round nerf bars. Wanna be prepared once I receive them this week.

#8 ·
I could not find any videos, but it took me about 20 minutes to get both of mine off.

Each running board has three brackets that have a threaded stud from the frame through them. Remove the nuts and then there is a long bolt through the bottom of the rear bracket that must be removed.
A total of 4 things to remove (3 nuts and 1 bolt) before pushing the running board off the studs and off your rig.

Removal of the mud flaps allows for the running boards to come off even easier. A few screws and the mud flaps fall off.

I'm not a small guy and was able to climb under the Armada without jacking it up or having on a lift. I did mine alone, but a second person would have made pushing off the studs and pulling off the rig easier.

#13 ·
Well I'll call them 1st thing in the morning to request a return and I'm sure (they better) pay for the return shipping. I'm just disappointed because was looking forward to an upgrade on the mada. Also wanted to sport the new bars on our roadtrip to LA this coming weekend...:|.

Well I have the vent visors coming in tomorrow..I hope those things fit!

#14 ·
Well installed the new running boards on the mada yesterday. Took me a couple hours because they had some parts mis-labled from the drivers side and passengers side and had to figure it out. Like you guys have said, removing the stock boards was pretty simple. These are the SteelCraft 3" Nerf Bars.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.