Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Average battery life

34K views 65 replies 42 participants last post by  CHuntMD 
#1 ·
I was wondering what the average battery life is for the Mada. I live in Cali and recently noticed that the takes an extra second to turn over. My Mada has been sitting for awhile now due to gas prices but is usually driven maybe 3 mile a week just to pick up the kids from school. It's the OEM battery and I've had it about 2.5 yrs now and close to 30K.

#27 ·
2004 with 38,000 miles, always parked outside all year round and am also on the first battery.

#28 ·
Our 04 original battery is still going strong. Parked in the garage for about 1/2 its life so far.

#29 ·
Finally a new battery

Hey there, new to the site..

Whats the average life span for OEM battery? I'm replacing mine tonight..I bought our 04 LE brand new, i added distilled once about 6-8 months ago and it worked fine, till today, totally wont hold a charge..

Can i use an 08 battery in the 04? is the "Batteryblock" the same size?

#33 · (Edited)
:damn:OKAY, went out this morning to start the truck and guess what. DEAD BATTERY!

What a way to start your day!

So, I am not f****n' with Nissan batteries anymore. I went to Advance Auto and got an Optioma Red Top 34R battery. The Pos (+) terminal is a hair back too far, but it mounts, it's secure and it's working! :thumbup:

#38 ·
i think im due

mine is 47xxx and im sure its original

i bought at 25xxx

its only been in the high teens and its having a tough time starting

is there any way to keep the radio presets?

does the memory seats get erased on a battery change also?

#39 · (Edited)
trueblue01gt said:
is there any way to keep the radio presets?
get yourself one of these - I've only seen online so don't have one yet, but will before next battery disconnect on Mada
trueblue01gt said:
does the memory seats get erased on a battery change also?
yes, also mirrors and pedals if you have that - big bother :(

#40 ·
Pep Boys and Auto Zone have em for about $8.00

#41 ·
i will def pick one of those up with the battery

how long do they last on a 9 volt due to the fact you need to remove the battery and bring it in for a discount on the replacement

#42 ·
trueblue01gt said:
how long do they last on a 9 volt due to the fact you need to remove the battery and bring it in for a discount on the replacement
not sure how long they last, I would doubt much time for a little 9 volt. It has been a few years since I did a battery exchange but I think you can buy new with a deposit and then get the deposit back when you return old. Suppose an option might be to do swap right in front of store - just the cable nuts and holddown to remove and replace

#43 ·
9balllrook said:
Pep Boys and Auto Zone have em for about $8.00
thanks, good info - I thought I had looked at both, but stopped in PepBoys today - $5.99 including the 9 volt battery.

#44 ·
CdnInAz said:
thanks, good info - I thought I had looked at both, but stopped in PepBoys today - $5.99 including the 9 volt battery.

our pepboys closed last year:(

but i got a bug shield for $20:D

#45 ·
has anyone here had a trouble with the jump start? this afternoon my mada did not start because i left my kids watch dvd without starting the engine, so i know its the battery its out of juice. then i call aaa for a jump start. it work but problem is my headlight it wont turn on i guess the fuse blown out and my alarm too its in silent mode... any help ... i apprecaite....

#47 ·
i think it's not cross over after the jump start the engine starts but the headlight wont turn on(low beam) and the alarm is in silent mode. yeahh i guess i have to look for the fuse. and i dont know where it is located.

BlakSpyda said:
Another member had that problem. Sounds like they crossed the cables. That will fry the fuses.

The problem now is that you have to check all of them.

#50 ·
Just posted a question about getting a battery tender before I saw this thread. My battery went out, suddenly with no @%%E%$*& warning around the 40K mileage mark. Called AAA and his battery booster could not get it cranked. He recharged it on his truck and tried again - no luck.

The culprit - corroded terminals!! Check them - mine were corroded badly. A few minutes of scraping with keys to remove the corrosion and he was able to boost it.

Got the battery tested at AZ and they said, it is dead. Got a new one, filed and sanded down the terminals to a shiny new finish and all is good now.

But I am finding that batteries need replacement every 2-4 years on average, even less if parked for extended periods, subject to extreme weathers (cold up north/hot like in Houston). Hence I am thinking of getting a battery tender that I can hook up when I am not using the truck for any period of 2 or more days.

#51 ·
Glad I read this thread - my '05 has about 50k miles and still on original battery. I have not noticed any issues but my truck is garaged at night. I have only needed a jump start once over the summer when I used auxillary dc port for blowing up water tubes. I better start researching. I usually go Die hrd at Sears but it was about $100 bucks last time - should I go with the Optima?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.