Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armada vs. Tundra

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  scr38 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a coworker who incessantly talks about how awesome and fast his Tundra is with his 5.7L I-force v8 and its 381 hp and this an that. Well I simply called him out and said my kid hauling SUV would spank his double-cab tundra.

Now, it's not exactly fair b/c I have JBA LTs, Cajun Catted 2.5" B-pipes, and UpRev. But that's neither here nor there.

We lined up and he honked three times. That was the last I saw him. Had about 3 lengths on him when I let off at 17 mph.

Also, raced a ford eco-boost f-150 down I-45 between Houston and Galveston a couple weeks ago. Pegged my speedo at over 55 mph and left that fool in the rearview in a hurry. I have since realized the tires are not rated for much over that so that won't be happening again. But the looks on their faces. Priceless.

Thanks to the Cajun Guys! Love my Mada. >:D

Edited for the fun police.

#2 ·
That's awesome. It's been said before but our rigs are clearly underrated by Nissan in my opinion. Horsepower isn't always everything it's how you get the horsepower to the ground and their is no doubt the Armada does a very good job at it. I have a buddy and he talks about his parents new Tahoe and how powerful and fast it is I would like to line up with a new Tahoe and see what happens.

#4 ·
Yep austin_asu,

The Armada is a beast of an almost untamable sort.

I drove mine for the first time some weeks ago, an '04 LE, and she spun her tires as I shoved down on the throttle, not at stand still, but on the go at around 35mph!

And, oh!.... you should have heard the exhaust note!

All that before I disastrously burnt my transmission. 'Was running the beast without knowing that i had a ruptured transmission hose.

I still can' get over it till now.

.....And, I would honestly concur with 5150.......lets not make too much of a habit of the street racing thing, even though I love it.

#9 · (Edited)
I wouldn't call speeding driving like an *******. I can be an utter ******* on the road at 25mph.

EDIT: The Palm Desert cops are so chill too! They will often play along as long as it's just the two of you around.

#11 ·
Opps, I skipped past the 140 and was thinking he only went up to 100, which IMO, isn't that bad. 140 on the other hand..... I'll keep my mouth shut.

#16 ·
Have you guys forgotten the rules here, or have you even read them? We do not do name calling here!
NO MORE OF THIS!!!!!

#17 ·
1. No way you can know no one else is around unless you paid to have the roadway shut down. A person can pull out in front of you at any point. At 140 they might not see you before pulling out in front of you.

2. You driving recklessly and killing yourself affects your family, people who witness the scene, people stuck in traffic because of the accident, and first responders.

There are alot of things that can kill you that you cant control. Your speeding isnt one of them. I grew up in houston and have friends and family that live there, so yes your speeding can impact my life.

#18 ·
Guys i say let's move on to a different conversation. And like scr38 said remember the rules.

#19 ·
It's certainly a powerful vehicle. I for one would certainly not do that on a public roadway though. Ever. If you think it's easy taking a life, let me tell you it is not. That **** stays with you. Forever.

#20 ·
I guess you don't take a hint.This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.