Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2008 Fender Flares

13K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Pops 
#1 ·
Will the 2008 Armada Fender Flares fit older model Armadas?

I like the thinner look and have been wanting to put on the Infinity ones, but didn't want to deal with cutting them or whatever you have to do to make them fit.

#2 ·
I'm more interested in the front and rear fenders....

#4 ·
Thinker62 said:
Do you mean the bumpers or that rased trim over the wheel well? Thje raised trim is what I am talking about.
lol... you got me... that's what I meant:duh:

after I read your post, I googled photos of the 08 mada and was focus on the bumpers, but was thinking fenders!

#7 · (Edited)
Thinker62 said:
Will the 2008 Armada Fender Flares fit older model Armadas?

I like the thinner look and have been wanting to put on the Infinity ones, but didn't want to deal with cutting them or whatever you have to do to make them fit.
Here's my take on the Qx56 fender flares vs. the 2008 armada flares. I just finished installing the Qx56 flares and you have to do some cutting to the front flares because they go beyond the point where the bumper meets the fender and also a little cut down by the running boards. The rear flares are the same for both (no cutting on those). If you want to use the front mud guards you can with the Qx56 flares. Now with the 2008 armada flares the front flare you will also have to cut at the same point because there's no gap btwn. the bumper and the fender. On older models you have a 1" gap between the two. the front flare on the 2008 goes all the way down to the front air dam. btw if you want to use mud guards on the rear you will have to buy new mud guards for either the qx or the 2008 flares they are shaped different. Good luck

#12 · (Edited)
Pics. of qx56 fender flares

Sorry here are your pics.
Take a look at pic # 3 that is where you have to make a cut where the bumper meets the fender. It is a really easy procedure. To mark where you will cut you need to align the holes on the flare with the holes where the Mud guards go and then following the curves until you get to that point. Make the mark. I would suggest you cut 1/16'' bigger and then file it down until you reach your mark. I used a hack saw because a dremmel tends to melt the plastic. the next cut will be on pic. #2 where the flare ends right above the running board. this cut is really small just to make the board go all the way inn. I painted and installed these flare myself. body shops are charging in excess of 300.00 to do this and is real simple. Now behind the flare you will find clips which you will need to cut all of them to the floor. The flares are attached with double sided tape and screws in the inner wheel well

Attachments

#22 ·
well i was actually thinking that you could by the rear flares for the armada and just buy the 08 titan flares for the front. the 08 titans still have the gap between the fender and the bumper cap. the 08 titan is still pretty much the same as the 04-07 armada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.