Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Plasti Dip Thread!

113K views 211 replies 52 participants last post by  xsapp07 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#189 ·
Just saw this...let me help for others. The website does a good job explaining. When you have a hard edge between two surfaces (1/8" or more gap) you can let it dry and peel (windows). Where two surfaces meet, like the roof on my suburban, you have to tape and peel while still wet.

#184 ·
Anyone with plati dipped rims had their tires rotated of new tires put on? Was wondering how it stud up?

I had my new trail grapplers put on my wheels with the plasti dip on. It held up pretty good on the wheels. The only part that needs to be touched up is around the lug nuts. That came off a little bit but not too bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#190 ·
Did you take your wheels off? Thinking about doing my stock 18's also.

#191 ·
I would imagine it'd be easier and cleaner to do it while wheels are off. So you don't spray rotors or calipers. ..

#192 ·
I would imagine it'd be easier and cleaner to do it while wheels are off. So you don't spray rotors or calipers. ..
I'm sure your right. I just thought maybe it'll save the extra work of jacking up the truck.

#195 ·
I've been wanting see how the mada looks with dipped wheels. How long does it usually stay? How often will you need to reapply? In my area, the temps are starting to rise (90's-100's), not sure if temps affect plasti-dipped stuff.

#196 ·
I did mine with them off first, mostly because I changed the rotors, but when I redid them I just did the trash bag method, with the 22s it worked great and I was able to keep the lug nuts from getting messed up putting them back on.

#198 ·
Nice bob, how several coats did you use on the hood? i used 4 and its tough to peel off. =/

anyways here is my repost from the media/picture sub-forum
Can't wait for some electric fire weather. Pop and Sid I love the look of your madas.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

#201 ·
Your wheels look good. I had my wheels, grill, mirrors, rear badges, and doors blacked out for a while.

I just peeled all my Plasti-dip last weekend and went back to chrome. Are you planning on doing mirrors and doors also?

I will most likely be doing it all again.

#204 ·
More plasti-dip fun!!! Front bumper and emblem:

I dipped the front emblem to match the rear design, but also got creative with the front bumper to alter the appearance to be more sporty/off-road themed. I haven't seen any other Mada bumpers dipped this way so hopefully you like the results.

Emblem prep:

Emblem finished:

Lower grill/cowl prep and first coat:

If you leave a gap at the tape edge, you don't have to hurry and pull the tape off before it dries. You can take your time and let the dip dry proper first.

Finished appearance:

#212 ·
Hey fellas,
I'm new to the forum and I just bought a 2008 Armada SEnmaybe 3 weeks ago. So yesterday I decided to play around with a little plasti dip. Just did the headlights, tail lights and the front bumper.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.