Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2016 Titan

15K views 42 replies 17 participants last post by  liquid1 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The reason I bought my Armada was cause it's a little different then everything else out their, and I'm guessing Titan owners feel the same way. The new Titan looks nice but I guess they thought since it had a Cummings in it, it needed to look like everything else. To me the front end is hideous the front windows slope down like the Fords. The new Titan looks like everything else out their. Pretty disappointing.

#5 · (Edited)
Yea I was shocked to see these photos, Front and back look like F150/F250 to me and side looks like the Dodge rams to me.. But I really liked the Pre Titan trucks all it needed was a longer bed and this power train and minimal changes. I do like the Interior of this new titan.. I bet it will be over priced. But do like the power train. I need this setup in my 2001 F150 4x4. My wife likes the new Thundra.... I don't see this going over to the Armada its a little to truck like . I do think.. Here is a few more photos.. Put a chrome bug shield on and a set of 35" tires and its a nice looking truck.. Camps photo is the best I have seen .

#7 ·
That's a good one right there.. It does look like a mix of a few trucks. Will be curious to see which gas motor Nissan slings in this new Titan and fuel mileage and spec read outs.

#8 ·
i dont think it looks too bad but its kinda copy of ford F150...and the back kinda look boring + the interior doesn't look that good specially the center dash
actually im really disappointed after 10 years of waiting that what they come with

what about the new armada tho ? there isnt any news about it :/

#10 ·
Honestly that Interior has King Ranch all over it. I have nothing against Ford or any of the other big three, it just seems like its playing off everything that's out their already nothing to draw it apart from the pack. Just my .02

#11 ·
I too agree that it looks like a mix of a Ford and a Dodge. I like it though, I also like the claimed over 12K towing. We'll see! If it translates over to the Mada that'd be great too! It would be the first "practical" diesel SUV if they offer it in that trim. I'd get one if they do. Idk about the first year production but later models for sure, unless they offered a SUPER warranty in which case it might be worth while.

Where can we get specs on this?

#12 ·
Let's be honest- how creative can you get designing a pickup truck? So it stands to reason that they'll look similar to others from different angles.

#15 ·
I was just thinking about the sequoia and new armada looking a lot alike. we almost bought the sequoia. We like the Armada better. What I noticed the most which is disappointing to me on this new Nissan is the engine compartment looks small . I do like the Titan ford ranch kinda looks of the inside cab. I want to see this Titan in person. With fords new pickup , and gm's , Rams new models Nissan will have there hands full with competition.
I fall into the 12,000 lbs towing is a nice start, but the up keep on the diesel is expensive usually.

#19 ·
I see a lot of NV suv/vans running around , there gaining popularity. I wonder what Tranny the Cummins will have, Cummins likes to partner up with Allison which is top notch . Has anyone heard yet.

#18 ·
I think Nissan enthusiast would love the new Titan if it came out a few years ago. IDK....its staring to grow on me.

#21 · (Edited)
Here is a few more photos . Titan and Ford..

#22 ·
Liquid brings up a great question about the transmission- hopefully they move past the 5 speed auto currently in the truck. The newer version QX80 has a 7 speed so I would imagine that is a distinct possibility. I'm just not sure it can handle the torque numbers the diesel will be putting out.

#24 ·
^ concept that was severely watered down to the current F150. So that doesn't count since it didn't even make production. Besides that, take away the headlights and grill and what's truly unique from the front 3/4 view? Nothing.

#27 ·
You're right b/c many were looking forward to the new F150 looking like the Atlas and they did water down the best design elements. I would assume it's a combination of cost of those design elements and reluctance to go too wild in the marketplace.

#26 ·
Ok folks here is the Skinny on the new Nissan Titan xd.. I might start to like this truck.
I think a lift kit and 35" tires it will be a Beast.. Aisin Tranny 6 speed which is suppose to be right next to the Allison for toughness. here is a good link and specs..
http://www.offroadxtreme.com/features/the-nissan-titan-causing-a-shake-up-in-the-truck-segment/
More specs specifically on the Titan XD Crew Cab Short Bed.

Body and Bed
•Bold, commanding presence with fresh, modern technical feel
•151.6-inch wheelbase, 242.9-inch overall length
•6.5-foot bed length
•LED headlights with signature Daytime Running Lights
•LED bulb taillights
•Integrated cab and tailgate spoilers
•LED Bed Rail Lighting
•Tailgate illumination
•Lockable, removable in-bed storage that can hold a wide range of essential work and recreational equipment, and is watertight and drainable
•Cargo area/tailgate lamps and LED bed lighting
•Spray-on bedliner
•Utili-track Bed Channel System with adjustable aluminum-alloy tie-down cleats
•Two-way dampened tailgate assist
•Step rails for improved for cabin and bed entry/exit and aerodynamic efficiency
•Bed-mounted 120-volt utility power point
•Laminated side glass

Engine and Driveline
•Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel with Cummins M2 two-stage turbo system
•Bosch® HPCR fuel system
•Compacted graphite iron (CGI) engine block
•310 horsepower @ 3,200 rpm and 555 lb-ft of torque @ 1,600 rpm
•Heavy-duty 6-speed Aisin automatic transmission
•Available Electronic Locking Rear Differential
•More than 2,000-pound maximum payload capacity (when properly equipped)
•More than 12,000 pounds maximum towing capacity (when properly equipped)

Suspension, Steering and Braking
•Double-wishbone front suspension with stabilizer bar
•Rigid axle /leaf spring rear suspension
•Twin-tube shock absorbers
•Available Bilstein mono-tube shocks
•Recirculating ball type high-capacity steering system
•4-wheel ventilated discs, 14.2 x 1.5-inch front/14.4 x 1.2-inch rear, hydraulic power assist
•17-inch, 18-inch or available 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
•LT245/75R17, LT 275/65R18 or LT265/60R20 tires

Towing and Driving Aids
•Trailer Light Check
•Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
•RearView Monitor with Trailer Guides
•Trailer Sway Control
•Integrated Gooseneck Hitch
•Tow/Haul Mode with Downhill Speed Control
•Hill Descent Control
•Hill Start Assist
•Brake Limited-Slip Differential (LSD)
•Available electronic locking rear differential (when properly equipped)
•Around View Monitor (AVM)
•Moving Object Detection (MOD)
•Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
•Front and Rear Sonar Sensors

Interior Features
•Available Zero Gravity front and rear seats
•Leather-appointed seating
•Available Climate-controlled front seats (heating and cooling)
•Available heated front and rear seats
•Fold-up 2nd row seat
•Lockable rear underseat storage compartment with fold-out flat floor
•Large center console storage with room for 15-inch laptop computer
•Automatic Dual Zone Climate Control
•Supplemental cabin heater (diesel-equipped models)
•Interior cabin filter
•Remote Start with Auto Temp Control
•12-volt and 120-volt power outlets (150 and 400 watt)
•NissanConnectSM with Navigation and Mobile Apps
•NissanConnectSM Services Powered by SiriusXM (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately)
•7.0-inch color touch-screen display
•Column shifter with manual shift control
•Tilt and telescoping steering column
•Rockford Fosgate premium audio system with 12 speakers

#28 ·
#30 ·
Imho... I think the fords are over priced and lower overall quality. At that price might as well get the new diesel titan and romp ALL over everyone. Lol :)

#35 · (Edited)
I got a new Titan XD brochure today at local Nissan dealer, I'm waiting to see what the New Gas Titan vs Diesel price will be, I get discounts on Fords parts, But after seeing a New aluminum ford with the wavy side panels Dont think I will ever buy one.. A friend just bought a new 2015 F250 power stroke, Its been back to ford dealer shop 9 times already with ABS Gyrating brakes and rear brake calipers locking up.. I sure would like a new truck or even get a new suv some day. Wow there all expensive..

#31 ·
So any more word on the Armada evolution based on this? I'm wondering if there will be an 'XD' sized armada as well. From what I've read, it seems that only the XD is getting the redesigned chassis, which is an evolution of the NV's chassis, and the 'standard' sized titan will still be on the current design.. sadly, this makes me thing that they will stay with what they've got for the armada, and also even more unfortunately, we won't see the diesel in the armada any time soon.

#33 · (Edited)
If that hideous beast is next, this will obviously be my last Armada. I couldn't drive that. God awful, it looks like a Ford!

One of the best things about the Armada/Titan is the modern chiseled lines and hourglass body. The original 2004+ design looks the best, especially with a $200 projector headlight kit (photo on left). The last update was a step backwards and looks a little more sheepish, but at least it was livable.

So sad. Love my 2005, luckily it is running much stronger than new with a deep exotic Magnaflow resonated purrrrr, more power, and steady 19+ mpg @ 75 on the highway with just a few simple mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.