Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Remote start not working like it should

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  arlingtonarmada 
#1 ·
My remote starter function has been acting strange in the past couple of days. It has been working fine the times I've used it, just press the remote lock a couple of times and presto! she is started and I am on my way. Now when I activate it, everything happens like it supposed to and it cranks but no start. Any ideas? outside of that it is running beautiful.

#2 ·
From what I remember, Nissan doesn't have a " factory" remote start. If you have one and it is integrated into your OEM key fob, it could be the dealership installed it and program the fob. I would the battery maybe it is getting weaker to send the signal? It seem like you can start it with the key in it with no problem so it's not the car per se. Otherwise I would take it to the dealership. What year is your Armada?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
i see. so its an aftermarket remote start? my 04 doesnt have remote start. if you stick the key in only (dont turn it) and press the buttons does it start? i would venture to think the bypass module is bad. or the anti-theft on the module isnt letting the car turn over because its thinking the car is stolen. there has to be some sort of light to tell you its in a 'theft' mode. this has to be diagnosed by the dealership or the shop you had it put in. its hard to tell you if we dont know what brand or how long you had the remote start. but this is my best guess. other might have a better idea. sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.