post #1 of 3 Old 03-09-2017, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
ArmadaPlatinum4x4
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ArmadaPlatinum4x4 is on a distinguished road
Strange Humming Noise

2013 Armada Platinum 4x4 72k miles purchased new. about a month ago starting hearing a strange humming noise from the front of the vehicle. Noticed that when I turn the car to the right noise goes away. Suspected something with right from bearing or tire. Took it to Tire Kingdom. They call me and say you need $1200 in from brake repairs. They said that the noise is coming from the left front wheel and I have a seized caliper. They went on to say that I need new calipers, pads and rotors.

I picked up the car and took it to my regular mechanic. He said that the front pads were worn and that I needed to resurface the rotors, clean and lube the slide pins on the calipers and that that should do it.

Car brakes straight and true, $240. Still makes the same noise. Mechanic thinks well sounds like a right front bearing, but lets rotate the tires instead. No change in the noise. Well lets order a new front bearing. $300 installed.

Noise still there.

Gonna change the left side bearing today with the right side one that is in perfect shape.

Will post with a solution if I have one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-10-2017, 01:11 AM
marctronixx
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
marctronixx is on a distinguished road
why not just take it direct to infiniti first? sounds like you are going down rabbit holes. i think it would be worth the 80 or so buck for the diag fee to find out the possibilities.. then come here looking or answers...
post #3 of 3 Old 03-17-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
ArmadaPlatinum4x4
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ArmadaPlatinum4x4 is on a distinguished road
UPDATE, my strange humming noise turned out to be the LEFT side front wheel bearing. Problem solved!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode