Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Just received my Bilsteins 5100 adjustables and coils....lift experiment coming soon

16K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  mocoyombi305 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I recently ordered a few suspension components after cancelling my PRG minilift. Im exploring some other options for a small lift

After some research I ended up deciding on the following:

FRONT
Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks (.5", 1 1/2", 3" lift adjustments)
Part number 24-197649...Listed now by Bilstein as a direct fit for Armadas
I ordered from Amazon.com and received 2 days later for $94.59 per shock with free shipping (best price I could find the first week of May 2013)
Total: $189 to my door

To match the springs I purchased 2008 Nissan Titan 4x4 coils from Rockauto.com based on some info from the titan guys. Basically these coils are a tad longer to compensate for the 4x4 extra weight the 08+ titans carry and when these same coils are placed on a 04-07 2wd titan...well you get a lift due to the lower weight of the truck's suspension vs a 4x4 (I also suspect the spring rate is different)...combining that with the Bilsteins on the 1.5" lift setting the ride is good and the lift is as much or more than the PRG minilift. Anyways, the case here will be to really find out on my Armada just like the titan guys did

REAR
For the rear coils I ordered Raybestos 589-1150 Professional Grade Coil Spring Set from Amazon as well. Two days to my door for $106.00 shipped to my door. They are listed as "Rear Coil Springs, 4WD, PROFESSIONAL GRADE - SE" BIG THANKS to theJrod for the research on that one. They are the 2207 pound load rating heavier springs

Im going to throw the above on and see where my Armada sits. I will add spacers IF needed to make her sit level :damn:

Where she sits now...stock suspension :p

See less See more
#2 ·
forgot to add...I received the Bilstiens and rear coils from Amazon right away...still waiting on the rockauto.com front 4x4 titan coils...expected day...Tuesday

#3 ·
Subscribing to the thread. Let us know if it fits and if the bounce in the rear disappears. Also, would you be keeping your existing tires or would you be going 35"? Whats the load rating for the front springs?

#6 ·
Im keeping the 33s until I wear em out and then we'll see...Im averaging 15mpg right now (mixed driving) after several fillups so I can live with that :)

The front coil information and break out:
04-07 4x2 coils are 13.2" (my old springs)
04-07 4x4 coils are 14"
08+ 4x4 (non-pro4x titan) coils are 15" (new springs) Nissan # 54010-ZR40A

That's the free height length of the front coils...

The spring weight of the coils are:
4x2 450 lb/in
4x4 550 lb/in

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll take some measurements/pics as well....

#4 ·
#7 ·
#8 ·
Just a quick one....

I have the front coils now.

I'll be having this installed on Saturday as I just ordered the Rancho RS70076 Quick Lift Rear Kit. I originally wasn't going with spacers but I'll throw them on the rear coils at the same time I do the front and see where I sit. They should be here this Friday from Amazon.

#9 ·
Those springs you've got ready to be installed in the rear might lift your ride a bit, on their own.…

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
Yeah I knew the rear coils would give me a lift thats why I ordered them thanks to some helpful members. The rear coils coupled with the rancho spacers should sit pretty high....hopefully over 40" of rear fender height

#11 ·
#12 ·
#13 ·
Thanks man...

#14 ·
I have a couple of questions regarding the rear. The Raybestos 589-1150 Coils; how much lift were they responsible for in the total 4" you gained in the rear? How is the ride in the rear? I mean does it sway a lot on highway driving?

#15 ·
Invanity, did the rancho spacer go on top or on bottom? I was thinking if it went on top I could run the prg spacer on bottom and the rancho quick lift on top of the coil springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.