Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Going to buy an Armada

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  PetitFrereArmada 
#1 ·
Hello all. I'm going to buy a used Armada. Currently still looking but I have a line on an 04 with low miles that has me itching. All the anti 2004 talk on here has me worried though. Can anyone tell me some good stories of their 04's?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Cannot speak to 2004s, but we had a 2005 Armada (which was pretty much unchanged from 2004) that we got rid of around 115,000 miles. Issues we experienced were exhaust manifolds (which all years will have) cracking, sonar speaker going out, and small spot of rust on rear wheelwell. Other than that truck was pretty solid.

#3 ·
Usually when you get an 04 most of the recall and problems have already been ironed out. The most common problem is the brake booster and like bheintze said about the manifolds. I had one also, it was pretty solid after I did the booster drove it to California numerous time no problem until I upgrade last year for a 12 SV.

#4 ·
I have an 04 with 130K+ miles. It has been a great vehicle. I have replaced the starter, power steering hose and spark plugs. No other problems. The brake rotors were replaced by Nissan at a low mileage. The brakes now have over 100K miles on them, plenty of pad left (about 3/8").
I never had any manifold problems since I have Nismo headers and a custom exhaust exhaust system.
The Armada has never had a wheel alignment, and drives perfectly with even tire wear. I replaced the original tires at about 46K miles (with Michelins), and just recently replaced them with more Michelins.
If the 04 you are looking at has been serviced properly there should be no problems.

#5 ·
I am truly amazed that you have never done an alignment on your Armada. I never knew one could go for that long without using an alignment atleast once.

Nice to know yours is still strong and treating you great.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas. I went ahead and did the deal. Flew down to Riverside CA on Saturday morning and drove her 16 hours home, figured that was a good test drive. I'm the proud new owner of a 2004 LE, Black on Black, 7 seater, now with 81,500mi, paid $11k.

#9 ·
I am going to be doing something similar in 3 days.

#7 ·
Congrats on your purchase. Glad to know you had a super long test drive. I hope you enjoyed the comfort.

Got pics to share?

#12 ·
I really like the power and speed of the Armada.

The Nissan Armada is the FASTEST 9 seater suv in its class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.