Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Armada Radiator Replacement for $1,200?

18K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  blackArmada_Dxb 
#1 ·
Is this a "normal" cost of Armada's radiator replacement? My dealer just gave me an estimate for replacing it due to coolant leakage.

I think it is too high, but who knows - I've never done with before with any car/truck.

Thanks,

#2 ·
I paid about $400 at the garage where my son works.

#3 ·
New radiator is about $250 plus $150 labor

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#6 · (Edited)
I just had mine replaced a month ago. If I were you, I would not put in another OEM, unless they are doing it under warranty.

Instead... look at getting a Koyo ($205) and my Nissan dealer charged me $130 labor to replace it. I provided them with the coolant and the cap. Otherwise they charge something like $25 a gallon if they use their coolant. Note that the Koyo does not come with a cap. I went to my local parts place and got a Stant cap. Again, the OEM cap is known to be problematic.

Koyo site search: http://www.koyorad.com/search.asp
I actually bought mine through autopartswarehouse. For some reason they don't list anything for an '04... but you could probably call them and work it out. Anyway, here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/ctwnv45

The spring-type hose clamps are also known to be weak points in the cooling system, and you should consider replacing those with worm-gear type clamps instead.

#7 ·
How much are they charging you for the radiator? At about 2 hours labor ($150 at my shop) they must replacing not only the radiator and coolant but also the hoses,clamps, a belt and a tensioner!
At those prices they should change your oil, rotate your tires,wash & wax and fill up your tank!
Tell them that is way too much and have the service manager go over the estimate with you and explain everything that they are doing. Do it now!

#8 ·
They are charging about $600 for the OEM Nissan radiator, $50 for coolant, clamps plus $360 labor. I talked to a manager who said he does not recommend aftermarket parts, but he said they can install a get a radiator for $205 but the labor will still cost the same.

I said thank you and cancel their order - looking for a local shop that can replace it cheaper. Thanks for your help guys!

#11 ·
Here is what I got from a local shop:

---------
New aftermarket Radiator cost $342.50 (lifetime warranty on the part)
Labor to install Radiator $180.00 (1 year warranty on Labor)
Coolant to re fill approx $20
total with Parts Labor and Tax $570.14

There is another radiator that I was able to find for $274.00 but it has no warranty on parts or labor. If the warranty does not matter that would bring the cost down to $500 total
------------

Do I need a lifetime warranty?

#12 ·
Here is what I got from a local shop:

---------
New aftermarket Radiator cost $342.50 (lifetime warranty on the part)
Who makes that aftermarket radiator? Do NOT go with a Cryomax.

#15 ·
2004 Armada LE... I only notice that my engine fan kept comin on... I'm in Las Vegas, it not hot enuff for the fan to come on... I checked and discovered the hose coming out of the top of my radiator has broken off. When I start my truck it shooting out water. I may have over filled my reservoir... HELP dansel in distress... What do I doooo? :)

#17 ·
i heard Stillen makes full aluminium for the Armada. I think you could also search for ones for a Titan... I'm 90% sure it would fit.

#18 ·
Koyo makes a fully polished aluminum radaitor, marketed for the titan but would fit the armada otherwise. It drops in the OEM location, no modifications as per Koyo. They deleted the internal tranny cooler but running an external cooler kit isn't that difficult to route.

#22 · (Edited)
Anyone have any experience with CSF radiators? Called around all over the place locally and unfortunately this was the only brand available in-stock today so I went ahead and purchased and its getting installed this afternoon. Normally I order online but couldn't keep the mada disabled for a week as its our main transportation with our newborn. Just want to know what I'm getting myself into with a CSF radiator. Its an aluminum/plastic radiator.

#23 ·
Does anyone make an all aluminum one? I hear good things about CSF. Is the part number 3323 that fits the Armada?

#27 ·
Ah, I see… but I am sure it fits. If you are uncertain, just go to courtesyparts and look up the part number of the radiator for the Titan for a certain year. Then do the same for the Armada. Check to see if they are the same. If they are, then you can order the part with confidence.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.