Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Help Bulletproof lift.

43K views 98 replies 10 participants last post by  Peskadot 
#1 · (Edited)
12 inch Bulletproof lift.

I got the bulletproof lift and have a shop customizing the rear end to match the lift. Those of you in the know, do I need a drive shaft spacer? I see the one for the Titan at PRG for $69.00. If I need a drive shaft spacer will that one work? I purchase the standard lift so I am not getting new coils for the front end. I will use the stock coils until I can get the new ones later. The coils will be stacked on to the BP coil spacer and on top of that will be the PRG leveling spacer. Total lift with this combo should be 12 inches. The rear end is getting a custom sub frame similar to the pictures I have attached. I will not be using air bags as seen in the picture. The stock springs will have to do until I figure out what size shocks I need and where to mount them. I see the 6 inch pro comp lifts come with a bracket that attaches to the rear end of the lower arm for a shock. I also have the stock airbag leveling system. I assume I can remove this and install a shock in its place? Just need to get the correct measurement after the lift is installed. I saw POPs rear end with two shocks installed. Is this necessary for a smooth ride? As of right now I think I will have no shocks when the lift is complete until I get the measurements and buy some. Will this hurt my ride and cause broken parts? I will also be using the PRG leveling kit in the rear end, the one that drops into the lower control arm. The plan is to purchase shocks to insert in the place of the leveling airbag system. I am going with Fox racing since that is what my wife likes and will allow me to purchase the item faster than trying to sway her to a different brand. Is there a way I could eliminate the warning lights that will come on from removing the air leveling system? I appreciate the help and will take lots of photos for CA.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a major extreme lift, what size tires are you planning on using..WOW

#3 ·
I already purchased 22x14 Wheels going to wrap them in 37x13.50r22's. I have my reservations as far as safety of equipment and ride quality hence the reason for this thread start but there is no turning back. Any suggestions are welcomed and needed.

#4 ·
not sure about the 12" but on mine 6" lift i didnt have to have drive shaft spacers. Yes, the procomp has the drop down brackets for the rear so u can use the stock OEM air shocks. and yes, you can remove them and install shocks with or without the drop down brackets. Without the drop down, your new shocks will have to be longer of course. The procomp kit add an extra pair of shocks to the LCA. It might be for riding comfort because I dont have it on mine. And my OEM air shocks are fully extended which is causing me to have a rough ride in the rear. I have coilovers in the front. I am not sure about warning lights on the new vehicles, the older ones didnt have them at least on my 04 i dont have it.

Slamxterra, is the only armada that is running the Bullet Proof 12" lift and he did the fabrication himself. but last i heard he is MIA.

#5 · (Edited)
Slamxtera is running the bulletproof but that guy no more Aloha. The pic above is his custom rear end. I am not doing his set up. Only similar I guess I will use the fox shocks but they are asking me how much travel and what size bolting do I need. If my Armada is like others stock bolt is 9/16 (14mm) and the factory shock busshingsare 1.9" (48mm). If I times the travel of your shocks on the 6 inch lift by two would that be the correct amount of travel I need in a shock? I sent Greg an email but I know he is busy in regards to the drive shaft spacer.

#6 ·
The kit

The crate came in. Bulletpoof kit displayed. Got word last night that my tire's are ready for pick up. Will see if I have time to grab them tomorrow. I would like to order the shocks for the rear and the drive shaft spacer before the build. Not sure if I need the spacer and not sure what size shock to grab. I think I must grab the shock after the build but the spacer must be gotten before the build. Still waiting on the shop to say if I need it or not also waiting for PRG to say if the Titan spacer will work for the Armada.

Attachments

#7 ·
Drive Shafts

Attached are the pic's of the Titan's shaft and the Armada's shaft. Also attached is the PRG drive shaft spacer. Looks to me like it would work for both. What you guys think?

Attachments

#8 ·
aloha Pesk.... wow.. love the post.. keep everyone posted.. the PRG drive shaft spacer will work bro for the armada too.. and you need it for your build bro.. the 6" pro comp i have did not need it tho but its great to have for a build like yours... lol.. LOL.. cant wait to see it and roll up next to you.. The bullet proof kit is very nice.. you should have had them make a custom powder coat color.. lol.. the shocks should be correctly measured because like me i went just a little bit off road and i blew the shock out from under my procomp lift and thats with there shock extensions... lol.. LOL.. so i did an upgrade just incase i have to go off the road again... lol.. LOL.. FOX shocks are nice and the ride is great.. i was going to change mines over to those too.. lol.. LOL... ALOHA and MAHALO my braddah keep us posted..

#9 ·
My Braddah E. Mahalo for the heads up with the spacer. looks like I got to convince my sweet heart this is an item we need. I like the gloss black powder coat the bulletproof came with. it will match my black and chrome truck with the gloss black and chrom rims that stay comming. So after pau work we when go pick up the tires from 4 wheel parts. I never know was only going fit two inside the back of the Mada. So my wife volenteers to stay with two of the tires while I drop the other two home then come back for her. She is the best. She had to stay because they was closing already and was not going have chance for pick them up again. Doughter and Son with the 37's Pics attached.

Attachments

#10 ·
Drive shaft spacer ordered. Got word that my rims are in. Going to pick em up tonight. Allllllright. DH Customz is going to give me loner shocks until we get mesurments and order the good ones. Back to the air/shock system. If I remove the air/shock will I need to remove the compressor or at least turn it off? Will I have alarm light in my dash because of this? I am sure there was a thread to this but I can't find it. Mahalo!

#11 ·
Wheels up

Got the Rimz in. Two more weeks to go.

Attachments

#12 ·
aloha Pesk.... wow you was not kidding that you really wanted to go big or go home my braddah... your parts are coming in so fast and your Mada goes in to install all of these parts on it... wow.. moving so fast with it... cant wait to see it and even pull up next to it so that yours can make mines look small... lol.. chee hoo.. keep up the good post and the good work.. aloha and mahalos.... love the rims... i run the 20x14 Fuel Nutz... but to go 22's damn now thats big...

#13 ·
Peekaboo

Just a sneak peak. Not complete yet. A bar is going to be welded across to add aesthetics. Still got to install the rear shocks, break lines, paint everything, and bolt up the drive shaft spacer. Also got to get the tires and rims mounted with air pressure sensor, and do the wheel alignment. Be riding HI by next week.

Attachments

#15 ·
Riding HI in the 808

Sitting real high. What you guys thing of the final product. Big Mahalo to DH Customz.

Attachments

#17 ·
rear end

I'll get Samoa pictures today for the shock set up. I get the pro comp se9000 series shock I think. We when run em in the stock position where the old air lift was located. And Darell when make some mean spider webs that make this think look like one monster. I gotta get the wheel alignment done. Pulse small line Aku boat (sag in the rear). To fix this I going grab the HD rebesto or Moog springs. The ride Q so far is just like stock but with a slight hummmm from the tires. Got to get that alignment. I got to cut more from the front end running boards. It rubs in reverse so hard to park when not locking the wheels. I assume I can just take a dremmel tool to it? It feels great riding down the road and you are towering over all other cars to include other lifted trucks. I am far from the biggest in Hawaii but I am one of them. Aloha

#18 ·
That's 1 wicked Mada Pesk. I've seen some of the pics on DH Customs FB this morning. They do good work. I read on FB that the rear was built in house. Could they have raised the rear a few more inches? And will it pass Recon?

#19 ·
Darell made the rear height according to recommendations from bulletproof. He also gave an extra inch from what they recommended. I also have the prg spacer in the front and rear. Just gotta grab those HD springs. The OEM s are soft. I can pass recon with my stock rims. But i got to grab some wheel spacers cuz da stock 20s hit the spindle. Right now my front is bumper frame is at 33.25 inches with the 37s on. I still need to install mud flaps on the back end.

#20 ·
E the measurement is 9 inches in the back. That with the 2 inch spacer on the springs and I am 11 inches and still sagging in the back. I think my front end is at 14 inches of lift. I still need an extra 2-3 inches in the back. hope the raybestos springs give me an extra 2. I was also thinking about going to those fire stone air bags but I am going to see where the springs get me at first. Gotta fly to Guam this week end so hope fully when I get back by next week the springs will be here. PS the bulletproof kit does not come with camber bolts. I had to order some separate. Also going to wait until I do the springs to get my alignment done. Pinch weld mod coming soon. the back of the front fender rubs to much.

#21 ·
Aloha Pesk.. nice job.. thanks for the up dates.. love the rig.. mines is next.. lol.. ssssssshhhhhhh.. lol.. but i dont like the sag.. i had the sag also when i did the procomp 6" lift kit.. so i bought PRG 2" billet spacers for the rear and also the poly urethane 1.25" level kit from Daystar in the rear buckets also thats all with the 6" procomp kit so that i dont have that sag in the rear.. mines rides just like stock.. and i also did the pinch weld mod.. lol..

#22 ·
the back pic E requested

Attachments

#24 ·
Dang... Pesk... you, E and me gotta meet up when I'm island side in June! How is it that I'm just now seeing this thread!?!? Stoopid autoguide app!
I seen your post about second rear shock brackets from PRG... I'll be hopefully talking to him tomorrow and be able to get an answer for you.
Mine isn't going to be as tall as yours but I'm still heading up. ;)
Good work!!

#25 ·
Rear View

This is a pick of the rear end when we were removing the stock rear coil springs to install the Rebestos HD coil spirngs. As you can see the ABS was disconnected.

Attachments

#26 ·
All Swag no Sag

With the Rebestos in I gained 2 1/2 inches of lift in the rear. This is me at the alignment shop. As you can see the AKU Boat action is gone. The alignment went perfect and I am within Recon Specs.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.