Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Finally got tuned!!!!

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  nightowl 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, a couple of months ago I found out I had cracked exhaust manifolds. I ordered the stage 2 kit from Cajun and installed them myself( thanks to everyone that posted write ups on how to do it). I contacted Joe from Cajun tuning and planned on getting tuned right after the installation. Well, every time I was ready to order from Joe, something would come up and I would need to spend the money elsewhere. Finally last week I had the money and emailed Joe. He responded right away but told me he was out of town and couldn't send me the kit until he got back home the following week. So now I had to wait again. Anyway I was looking on Craigslist for some Nissan wheels when I came across an ad for uprev tuning in my area. I responded to the ad and gave the guy my info to contact me. My phone rings 5 mins later and it's Joe from Cajun tuning. He was the one who placed the craigslist ad. He told me he was in my area and recognized my name from when I originally contacted him. I couldn't believe it. I asked if he had time to tune my armada the next day. He told me he was driving home first thing in the morning. But he said he had time to do it that same night. It was 9:00 pm. I said hell yes I want it tuned. 30 mins later he was at my house and tuned my armada. Wow, what a difference tuning made. I can't believe I got to meet Joe in person. I just want to say Jeff and Joe made this whole experience so easy to deal with. Thanks guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#6 ·
Joe set up 3 maps for me, an 87 octane performance tune, a 91+ octane tune and a security tune. I haven't tried the 91+ tune yet. I'm waiting till my next fill up to put premium in.
I haven't looked back since switching to the 91+ tune. Its already night and day with the 87 tune vs. stock but the 91+ tune really wakes up the 5.6L.

Are you on the stock catback? I have the jba catback and it was so loud I had to get the UQ. It helped a lot.

Unfortunately, I'm in NY and we now have carb laws like Cali so I can't legally do the JBA/Cajun setup.

The dealer said my driver side was not cracked though it sounds like it is. The passenger was replaced shortly before the warranty expired.

If I need to I may go this route but my main concern is the noise.

I had no problems renewing and passing emissions (NYC) this past Dec, about a months after I had finally installed the JBA LTs and Uprev.

I'm in LI for work, North Shore-LIJ(Manhasset) and Rockville Centre at least twice a week. If you'd like to meet up to hear how this setup actually sounds, let me know. :)

#7 ·
But he said he had time to do it that same night. It was 9:00 pm. I said hell yes I want it tuned. 30 mins later he was at my house and tuned my armada. Wow, what a difference tuning made. I can't believe I got to meet Joe in person.
Hey man just glad I could take care of you and you're noticing a difference. Sometimes its just meant to be :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.