Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

A/C Complaint and service detail

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  brewder 
#1 ·
OK, so like many others I'm complaining about my A/C. It seems to really struggle on very hot/humid days. On normal days it seems to operate just fine.

Since it's still under warranty (2013 w/28k on the clock), I took it it to be looked at. Here is the service write up:

Test AC system. Verified blowing cool, not cold. Performance test, shop at 86 deg at center vent 65 degrees. Check pressures with compressor engaged. H=185psi, L=35psi. Low charge. Inspect for leak. No sign of any leak front or rear AC. Service A/C only recovered 1.79lbs, spec is 2.38lbs. Hold vacumm for 15 min. OK. Charge AC 1.38lbs and add dye. Service A/C system and add dye.

In the Quantity sections they included:
(1) PKACDYE AC Dye & Freon
(1) 4798219-AB Dyes Leak
(3) 82300101-AB Refrigant

Sorry for the broken sentences, but that's how it was written. ;) I guess my first assumption is that the 1.38lbs + the dye = 2.38?? Is the dye also a coolant or do I now have even less coolant in my system than I started with?

Anything anyone sees as good/bad in this diag from the dealership?

Thanks..//Brew

See less See more
#3 ·
When we picked it up around 7pm it was already fairly cool outside and my wife said "it was working fine" as she drove it home.. The temps are expected to be in the mid-90's today and tomorrow so we'll see how it does on her drive home from work.

#4 ·
So after driving the rig for almost a week, I can definitely say cooling is much improved (the little radiator fan still is screaming loud but..). Not sure if the solution was a simple evac/re-charge or if some other "magic" was performed. Bottom line is it works much much better now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.