Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Changed A/T Fluid

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  E&J push'n wind 
#1 ·
Today I did an engine oil and filter change and drained and refilled the transmission.
The transmission fluid, which was Amsoil, had 38K miles on it and looked and smelled like new fluid. It was bright red with no burned smell at all. Since I have the PML pan, it took 9 quarts of Amsoil to refill after the drain. I also inspected the differential lube, which is Amsoil 75W140 Severe Gear Lube (synthetic). It looked just as it came out of the bottle; clean golden color.
I'm sure it wasn't necessary to change the A/T fluid since it looked so good, but it can't hurt!

#2 ·
Good to hear that the fluids still looked great. You are right. It can't hurt and makes you feel better knowing the new fluid is in.

#4 ·
SCR38 when you originally switched to Amsoil did you just do a drain and fill or did you drain from the cooler line and get all of the jmatic fluid out ? I wanted to put in Amsoil, but wanted to just drain the pan and add the 4.5 quarts of amsoil and then do that a couple of more times within the next couple of months. Is it ok to mix amsoil with the Nissan S fluid ?
thanks

#5 ·
I did just what you plan to do. The fluids mix fine. After a couple more changes it will be almost pure Amsoil.
I now how 115K miles on my Armada, and the transmission, engine and differential are all like new; all using Amsoil.

#6 ·
SCR38 - thanks for the quick reply ! I just did a drain and fill yesterday and put the amsoil in. I drove it around for 15 minutes or so and did notice that it runs cooler than the nissan s fluid. I need to drive around more and get the fluid warmer to see if it still has a shudder into 3rd gear. I will report back later this week when I drive it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.