Intrest in 6 in Lift Kit for Armada/QX56? - Page 65 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List
ArmaDen, Campfamily, drauden, E&J push'n wind, GRILL, Jeebz, liquid1, marctronixx, MSnelter, ntrddragn, onesol09, Pops, primoV8, Scorpion, snpr462, Taze, The White Beast

post #641 of 650 Old 10-02-2014, 04:02 AM
Peskadot
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Peskadot is on a distinguished road
Todd, of course I no more da PRG or pro comp rear. I also don't have a spare tire. Can't fit the size I'm running plus I need the room for my horn and exhaust. What made your evaporate canister hang like that? I don't think we moved mine at all. Now those extra shock brackets are sweet. If I figure out where to mount the top I will grab those from Greg. It is nice to see all the unique combinations being displayed on this thread. Thanks for sharing and keep em coming. Aloha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-10-01 21.01.28.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	23586  

2013 Platinum: 12" Bulletproof lift, Fox coilover w/resivior, 18" King Coils, DH-Customz rear suspention lift, Fox 2.0 w/resivor shocks, Raybestos HD Springs, 22x14 Fuels, 37x13.50R22 Toyo M/T, Royaltycore Grill, Xenon HIDS head & fogs, Xenon LED Interior lights all, Spec-D LED tail lights, JDM reverse LED Bulbs, Wolo 80 Watt Four Bulb Strobes, 3 trumpet train horn, Four 12" Pioneer Champion Edition Subs, Pioneer door speakers all, Excelon 25th Anniversary Amps 2 channel & 4 channel, Volant CAI & TBS, Gibson Metal Mulisha Cat Back, AMP Steps, PRG Drive Shaft Spacer, PRG Leveling Kit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #642 of 650 Old 10-03-2014, 03:43 AM
Todd
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Todd is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peskadot View Post
Todd, of course I no more da PRG or pro comp rear. I also don't have a spare tire. Can't fit the size I'm running plus I need the room for my horn and exhaust. What made your evaporate canister hang like that? I don't think we moved mine at all. Now those extra shock brackets are sweet. If I figure out where to mount the top I will grab those from Greg. It is nice to see all the unique combinations being displayed on this thread. Thanks for sharing and keep em coming. Aloha
Peskadot,

I think my Evaporator Canister was riding on that thin bracket attached to the side-panel.
But also bolted to the top of the Subframe on 1 end.

So after lifted, the Evap-Can is just hanging there. Bending down on that thin bracket.
You can see below, we just used 1 screw to attach 1 end of the Evap-Can back to the Subframe.

And the Installation at TruckinWeb.com discusses Evap-Can modifications, with pics.

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/body/...6/viewall.html

But your Evap Can seems secure to the underside of the floorboard.

How can that be?

Screws coming from below would come through your carpet, and into your passengers feet.

I can't tell from these pics.

Your horns may be blocking the view of some bolts or mounts or hangers.

It sure looks good though.

Very clean!

Also, the ProComp PDF talks specifically about how we should modify the Evap Can:

( ProComp ARMADA Lift Instructions )

Rear Installation:

6. Unbolt evaporator canister from the sub frame assembly. Save bolt for reuse.

13. Unclip the evaporator hose,
and carefully cut the evaporator hose clip bracket from the rear sub frame assembly.
Be sure to grind the frame smooth after removal.
See ILLUATRATION 13.

25. Bolt the evaporator canister drop bracket (90-3213) to the sub frame assembly using the previously removed OE bolt.

26. Bolt the drop bracket to the evaporator canister using the supplied 1/4” X 3/4” bolt and hardware.

Peskadot, I bet you could get an extra set of PRG add-on shock mounts, and turn them upside-down, and attach them to the Upper coil buckets.
Same mounts, top and bottom. You would be the only one with that setup.
Then you would have to figure out which shocks would match that 3 miles of space you have in lift.

For example: I just flipped one of my pics of the lower shock mounts.
Imagine the same thing on your top coil bucket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Todd; 10-03-2014 at 03:47 AM.
post #643 of 650 Old 10-03-2014, 05:31 AM
Peskadot
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Wow Todd. That was an outstanding post. I will take a look this weekend and take pics of my evap can......Mounting the shock brackets to the top coil bucket is not going to work for me. The distance is short because of my set up. I am interested to see how they got this NFAB trucks shocks mounted. Thanks for your detailed and informative post. Buy the way I encurage Club Armada patrons who like lifted armadas to look up #liftedarmada on instagram. There are 3 from hawaii and a 9 inch from texas. I know a total of 5 six inch plus lifted armada on Oahu.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5408647_f496.jpg
Views:	2002
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	23610  

2013 Platinum: 12" Bulletproof lift, Fox coilover w/resivior, 18" King Coils, DH-Customz rear suspention lift, Fox 2.0 w/resivor shocks, Raybestos HD Springs, 22x14 Fuels, 37x13.50R22 Toyo M/T, Royaltycore Grill, Xenon HIDS head & fogs, Xenon LED Interior lights all, Spec-D LED tail lights, JDM reverse LED Bulbs, Wolo 80 Watt Four Bulb Strobes, 3 trumpet train horn, Four 12" Pioneer Champion Edition Subs, Pioneer door speakers all, Excelon 25th Anniversary Amps 2 channel & 4 channel, Volant CAI & TBS, Gibson Metal Mulisha Cat Back, AMP Steps, PRG Drive Shaft Spacer, PRG Leveling Kit

Last edited by Peskadot; 10-03-2014 at 05:33 AM. Reason: forgot pic

post #644 of 650 Old 10-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Peskadot
SHIFT_Enthusiast

After some investigation looks like a have a bracket holding up my evaporator canister. Ithat been welded to the under carriage of the evaporator and welded to the sub frame. #DHCustomz !!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014-10-03 18.13.51.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	23618  

post #645 of 650 Old 10-05-2014, 02:37 AM
ntrddragn
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
ntrddragn is on a distinguished road

drop down bracket for the OEM air shock

didnt need the spare tire bracket on mine either. i also dont have the safetly loop. since i bought it used it didnt come with it. If i recall correctly there are a slight variation for the LE and SE model in the rear.

'04 LE

Last edited by ntrddragn; 10-05-2014 at 02:42 AM.
post #646 of 650 Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Todd
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Garage

Good pics guys!

So, I need to also make or buy a custom bracket to hold up my Evaporator Canister.

I guess I could get the stuff for it at Home Depot.

However, I wonder if there is any harm with just leaving mine the way it is now ( at a 30 degree angle ).

Does an Evap-Can even need to be level?

I wish I knew...

Here is a bottom view of how my Evap-Can’s cradle-pan connects to the frame.

Also,

Below is a nice pic from the ProComp Armada install at TruckinWeb.com.

I guess that is supposed to be the actual ProComp part:

90-3213 EVAPORATOR CANISTER DROP BRACKET

It looks to me like almost any kind of bracket would fit at least as good as that one does.

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/body/...6/viewall.html

Last edited by Todd; 10-06-2014 at 01:13 AM.
post #647 of 650 Old 10-08-2014, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Kooshtaka
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Kooshtaka is on a distinguished road
Zip tie it! ;-) Haha

'05 Mada LE Slate
Mods Done: UpRev, Bilstein 5100s in front, PRG 2" rear spaces, R1 Premium Drilled & Slotted Rotors, PosiQuite pads, Volant GenII CAI, 8K HID Lows, LEDs by ArmaDen, 3k HID Fogs, and Delete middle row console.
Mods in progress: JBA LT, PRT 300-cell hi-flo cat'd b-pipes, Borla xlr-1 muffler w/custom tubing, LED Engine Bay LEDs, Custom Suspension Lift by PRG, Custom PRG front & rear shocks, Custom PRG Rear springs.
Mods in contemplation: GoodHood or custom hood, Steel front and rear bumpers, upgraded front springs, Custom roof rack and cargo basket, Additional lighting.
post #648 of 650 Old 06-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Scorpion
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Scorpion is on a distinguished road
With this lol lol lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	28522  

2012 Titan PRO4X S&B cai, 2* Advance Timing, 6500k HID, 1000w sub with 500w rms amp, 18" XD RockStars with 33" BF Trails, BD GT, Volant Double Exhaust,
LED interior,
------------ROB-------------

post #649 of 650 Old 07-01-2015, 12:02 AM
maximusbrian
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
maximusbrian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
New PRG Rear Lift and RANCHO/Titan Front Lift

Done and Done!

hey todd, do you hqappen to have the part numbers you purchased? TIA!
post #650 of 650 Old 07-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Todd
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusbrian View Post
hey todd, do you hqappen to have the part numbers you purchased? TIA!
( FRONT )
RANCHO 2004-2014 Nissan Titan 4" Lift Kit #RS6594B
PRG PRODUCTS Titan Upper Control Arms ( UCA's ) #prg-uca-t
RADFLO Internal Reservoir 2.5 Lifted Truck Coilovers #rad-25irco-e-4t

( REAR )
PRG PRODUCTS Armada 5" Rear Bracket Lift ( No Model Number )
PRG PRODUCTS Armada 2" Rear spacers ( No Model Number )

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode