what motor oil does everyone use - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #21 of 29 Old 03-11-2011, 08:35 PM
97trakin
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
97trakin is on a distinguished road
Mobile-1 5w-30 and Purolator Premium filters. The ones with the silicon anti-drain back valves and synthetic filtering media. 7500 miles or 6 months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 03-12-2011, 12:53 AM
kenedytxarmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
kenedytxarmada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANCHO1969 View Post
Didn't want to star a new topic for the same subject so ill ask here

I usally take my 2004 armada to get the oil changed at a shop to tell u the truth I don't know what kind they use. Since I'm about to hit 100000 miles I wana start doing my own oil changes so I can visually inspect it. Now I see lots of people use moble 1 which is synthetic oil. If the shop used regular oil is it ok to just drain it and replace with the m1 ? are the fram oil filters ok? And should I get high mileage m1 ?
I use the Castrol Syntec Edge 5w-30 and the Fram Tough Guard filter. I hate Fram filters but the Toughguard filter has a drain back valve in it that actually works.

Since using the toughguard filter I hardly every get the timing chain tensioner rattle on a cold startup............

2014 Armada Platinum 4x4
2011 Titan SV 4x2
post #23 of 29 Old 03-12-2011, 01:26 PM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
I use M-1 Synthetic High Mileage and go long between changes. I have used Fram, Moblie-1 and Purolator filters. I think they all work about the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 29 Old 03-12-2011, 03:26 PM
rockendoublez
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
rockendoublez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rockendoublez
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANCHO1969 View Post
Didn't want to star a new topic for the same subject so ill ask here

I usally take my 2004 armada to get the oil changed at a shop to tell u the truth I don't know what kind they use. Since I'm about to hit 100000 miles I wana start doing my own oil changes so I can visually inspect it. Now I see lots of people use moble 1 which is synthetic oil. If the shop used regular oil is it ok to just drain it and replace with the m1 ? are the fram oil filters ok? And should I get high mileage m1 ?
Synthetic and conventional motor oil are compatible, so you will be fine draining the old and replacing with new synthetic.

I would stay away from FRAM filters unless you go with the higher priced Tough Guard or Extended Guard which have better sealing rings.

I personally use Royal Purple filters which are better constructed. I've also used K&N oil filters which have also been exceptional.

As for the High Mileage oil. IMHO I don't see that it makes a big difference. I think you'd be just fine running any full synthetic oil from a major brand.

Rockendoublez - Mike
08 Black SE, Kenwood Audio System:
KOSV1000 (carportal)/ KOSL702 (touchscreen) / KNAG510 (Navi) /KCABT200 (BlueTooth), AutoPage GPS / Remote Start, JL Audio Amps/Components/Subs, Eiger Vision HD 10.7" flipdown monitor, E&G Classics Custom Grille, 7" passenger visor monitor, FRONT and Rear night vision cameras

-
09 Honda Fit Sport w/Navi
06 Acura TL
95 Acura Integra RIP

Last edited by rockendoublez; 03-12-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling
post #25 of 29 Old 03-13-2011, 12:14 AM
PANCHO1969
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PANCHO1969 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going with the m1 high mileage since they were the same price and the tough guard fram filter. I'm gona do the change tomarrow
post #26 of 29 Old 03-14-2011, 02:50 AM
Invanity
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Invanity is on a distinguished road
Can't go wrong with Mobil 1 at all but Royal Purple is pretty good stuff, lots of guys on the Audi and Corvette forums run it. Amsoil I've heard is also very comparable to Royal purple.

I'm currently running Mobile 1 though since its more readily available than RP or Amsoil and cheaper for the standard stuff

-Eli
04 Armada 20s with 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler MT, Pinch Weld Mod, Titan 08+ 4x4 coils, Bilstein 5100s (middle setting), Rancho quicklift rear w/Raybestos 589-1150 coils, 22" Magnaflow exhaust, limo tint, Debadged, Billet grille, bull bar, rear brush guard, Armaden LED package, Torque Pro Vehicle monitoring via Nexus 7 indash tablet (CyanogenMod) ELM327 (OBDII-bluetooth), Viper Alarm, Die Hard Batt, Royal Purple Synthetics...lotsa plastidip
April 2012 Ride of the Month...
Thanks guys
post #27 of 29 Old 10-30-2016, 08:45 PM
Believe_ET.2
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Believe_ET.2 is on a distinguished road
i use mobil oil....

Believe

-2008 LE w Tow Package
-4 piece Billet Grill
-Bug Deflector guard
-Sunroof wind deflector
-HID 6k lows (fogs soon)
-Air Box Mod with K&N Filter (thanks to this forum I was able to do it myself)
-screw on exhaust tip
-15% tint front windows
post #28 of 29 Old 11-03-2016, 01:12 AM
KMDColo
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
KMDColo is on a distinguished road
Pennzoil Platinum Ultra. I run a royal purple or k&n filter and change it at 10K. Cheap filters end up buzzing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2007 LE, S&B CAI, JBA Long Tube Headers, Cajun Catted B-Pipes, Uprev, Bilstein HD, PowerStop Drilled / Slotted Brakes, DDM 5K 50W, BFG KO2, Garmin 1490T hardwired with
post #29 of 29 Old 11-05-2016, 09:12 PM
drcookie
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
drcookie is on a distinguished road
Been running Castrol and Mobil conventional oil 5w-30 on my 2005 Armada and plan to switch to M1 5w-30 Syn on the next oil change. The truck has 89k on the clock and I change it every 3500-4000 miles. The reminder on the tech package works pretty well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode