Those with a Bose stereo -- Ditch the Subwoofer!!!! - Page 4 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #31 of 39 Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 AM
BlakSpyda
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
BlakSpyda is on a distinguished road
Welcome to CA dalesrn!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 09-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Krumbie
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Krumbie is on a distinguished road
just wandering because i havent had a chance to check for myself but the the stock bose unit have a set of rca's to plug into? I'm looking at wiring my amp into the system and changing out the bose sub also.
post #33 of 39 Old 09-30-2011, 04:11 PM
apeezy08
SHIFT_Newbie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
apeezy08 is on a distinguished road
Do anyone think its possible to bridge the Bose subwoofer with another subwoofer of same power or less or like he did with the Cadence but possibly use one under drive and passenger seat. If anyone would think this possible I would go that route.

post #34 of 39 Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Armada Platinum
SHIFT_Newbie

Armada Platinum is on a distinguished road
Krumbie: You can buy an amp that accepts Speaker Line Level Inputs, then all you need to do is use the signal from the Bose harness to convert to RCA inputs.

apeezy08: I originally thought of adding an additional Bose subwoofer under the passenger seat also. However the Bose subwoofer is a 1 Ohm sub, and there aren't any available 1 Ohm subs readily available. Plus, adding an additional Bose sub wired in Parallel would reduce the resistance down to 1/2 Ohm, or in Series would double the resistance to 2 Ohms. Either of which will either over work the factory amp or provide insufficient power to both Bose subs.

As far as aftermarket, there isn't much available that will fit under the seat. I opted to go with a Pioneer Shallow-Mount 10" sub with a custom built enclosure under the driver's seat, and an Alpine MRP-M500 under the passenger seat to drive the sub. I considered the Cadence unit also, but I'm not a fan of single unit powered subs due to the fact if the amp or sub blows, you would have to replace the whole unit. I prefer a better sound quality over the convenience of the single unit.

Just my 2¢.........

2011 Armada Platinum in Nordic White
K&N Intake, 2° Advance, 6K HID Headlight & Foglight Conversion, LED Conversion, 24" Boss 330 Black Wheels with Polished Lip, Toyo Proxes ST II 305/35/24 Tires, 2 Pioneer TS-SW841D Shallow-Mount 8" Subwoofers in Custom Underseat Enclosures, Alpine MRP-M500 D Class Mono Subwoofer Amplifier, OEM Hood, Window, Sunroof Deflectors.
post #35 of 39 Old 09-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Krumbie
SHIFT_Lurker

Krumbie is on a distinguished road
yeah only problem is I've got a 1k crossfire and 2 8's sitting here in my room collecting dust. not trying to buy another amp to fit the harness just want to replace it. I'm guessing them that the stock deck does not have rca's?
post #36 of 39 Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 AM
Armada Platinum
SHIFT_Newbie

Armada Platinum is on a distinguished road
If you pick up any newer amp, they will most likely have the speaker line level inputs, as I believe that the factory head unit does not have RCA inputs. The 2 8" subs could easily be fit under both front seats, you will probably have to get enclosures built for them though.

There is a member on here selling his custom built box for the front seats, he's got a Pioneer 8" subs in them at the moment. One of the subs is blown, but the other works. I recall he was asking $140 for the working sub and box, and $200 for both boxes. Don't quote me on the prices, I could be wrong.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18377

2011 Armada Platinum in Nordic White
K&N Intake, 2° Advance, 6K HID Headlight & Foglight Conversion, LED Conversion, 24" Boss 330 Black Wheels with Polished Lip, Toyo Proxes ST II 305/35/24 Tires, 2 Pioneer TS-SW841D Shallow-Mount 8" Subwoofers in Custom Underseat Enclosures, Alpine MRP-M500 D Class Mono Subwoofer Amplifier, OEM Hood, Window, Sunroof Deflectors.
post #37 of 39 Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
skieruscan
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
skieruscan is on a distinguished road
Undoubtedly, you can get a top-line sound system in the Armada if you're going to access (or possibly replace) the head unit and install custom subwoofer enclosures and higher-end amps and maybe even some 1F capacitors. My suggestion for using the Cadence Acoustics amp/subwoofer was a "quick and cheap" solution for replacing that gawd-awful Bose subwoofer with something far more substantial without accessing the head unit or spending a lof of money. The whole setup should be around $200 and maybe an hour or so of easy labor.

2004 LE, Volant CAI with scoop, 2* timing advance, Superchips, HID main and fog lights
post #38 of 39 Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 AM
chemax
SHIFT_Newbie

chemax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skieruscan View Post
Undoubtedly, you can get a top-line sound system in the Armada if you're going to access (or possibly replace) the head unit and install custom subwoofer enclosures and higher-end amps and maybe even some 1F capacitors. My suggestion for using the Cadence Acoustics amp/subwoofer was a "quick and cheap" solution for replacing that gawd-awful Bose subwoofer with something far more substantial without accessing the head unit or spending a lof of money. The whole setup should be around $200 and maybe an hour or so of easy labor.
This is really great info man. I have been decently satisfied with the stock Bose SW, but hearing about a decently priced upgrade is damn cool. I hope to be adding this in the near future. Thanks!
post #39 of 39 Old 10-16-2011, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
skieruscan
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
skieruscan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is really great info man. I have been decently satisfied with the stock Bose SW, but hearing about a decently priced upgrade is damn cool. I hope to be adding this in the near future. Thanks!
Cool! Be sure to check back and let us know how it goes. You can always send me a PM if you have any questions on the installation. It's a pretty straightforward process, so you should be fine, but I'm always available if you need help.

2004 LE, Volant CAI with scoop, 2* timing advance, Superchips, HID main and fog lights

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode