Third (hight mount) Brake Light out - Page 5 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #41 of 48 Old 01-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Driftwood
SHIFT_Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Driftwood is on a distinguished road
I still havent figured out how to remove the spoiler on my 2004 LE..........grrrrr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 Old 07-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Boland01
SHIFT_Newbie

Boland01 is on a distinguished road
Just notice our third light was out too. Took everything apart thinking it was just a bulb. What a design nightmare. Fortunately for me I tried giving the cowling on top a rap and the third light started working again. Bad news is for how long?

Anyone know where the weak link in the connection may be?
post #43 of 48 Old 07-29-2012, 03:16 PM
spta97
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
spta97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boland01 View Post
Just notice our third light was out too. Took everything apart thinking it was just a bulb. What a design nightmare. Fortunately for me I tried giving the cowling on top a rap and the third light started working again. Bad news is for how long?

Anyone know where the weak link in the connection may be?
The weak link (on mine anyway) seems to be where the wires go into the connector. If you have it apart, tape those up.

The bulbs don't really burn out as they are LEDs and I think Nissan made it so difficult to access thinking that they would not need to get to it as often. It is a design flaw with the connector so if yours burns out don't spend the money on a new one, see if you can just jam the wires into the connector (which is the same reason that hitting it helps).

I suspect that if Nissan had a bulb out warning for the LEDs, more people would go to the dealer about this and they would be forced to issue a recall or TSB.

Giggity

post #44 of 48 Old 12-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Driftwood
SHIFT_Lurker

Driftwood is on a distinguished road
Here is a you tube video showing the remove/install of the brake light for a 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada.!! http://youtu.be/k2pTiA-2TRE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada LE
post #45 of 48 Old 12-23-2015, 11:45 PM
spta97
SHIFT_Hardcore

Well it's been 4 years and my third light is out again. I'm so annoyed with the design of this thing.

I wonder if they are sourced from the same manufacturer as I have seen a ton of other makes / models of cars with the light out as well.

This time I'm gonna locate my spare from a few years ago and see if I can resolder the wires in the connector. Of all the repairs I've done I hated this one the most.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Giggity
post #46 of 48 Old 12-25-2015, 11:32 AM
MTHayeck
SHIFT_Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
MTHayeck is on a distinguished road
Rockauto.com has the part for $62.79 (Dorman)

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...nid=527&jpid=0
post #47 of 48 Old 12-25-2015, 12:49 PM
spta97
SHIFT_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHayeck View Post
Rockauto.com has the part for $62.79 (Dorman)

https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/mor...nid=527&jpid=0

Thanks for the link! I'm debating if I should order a new one as the issue appears to be with the connector. I have the old one that I was able to get to work by pushing the wires in the connector - I'm hoping it will be the same story this time.

My hope is I can fix the wires in the connector.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Giggity
post #48 of 48 Old 07-01-2016, 10:32 AM
arznrchrd
SHIFT_Lurker

arznrchrd is on a distinguished road
Smile Just swapped rear high mount brake light

So I just swapped out rear high mount brake light. I have a 2008 Armada LE. Had to replace whole light, not just bulb. Ordered on ebay for $60. Dealer wanted $180. Anyhow, the 5 8mm bolts are you takeoff first, including the above panel. But, then you have to deal with that top air spoiler. On each side there are those plastic bolt clips that are tight. You have to wedge a thin screwdriver to loosen them. I found best to use a thin screwdriver to pop them. Once popped you can raise it enough without removing the tape to get at the light. The light is held on from inside with 2 11mm bolts. Kind of an awkward position, but with patience you can get them out. New one works perfect. You have to be kind of rough with that spoiler when snapping back on to get all the holes to match up. Thanks for these posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode