2010 Nissan Maxima SE, Houston, TX - Page 49 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #481 of 487 Old 02-13-2017, 12:13 PM
mikeutah
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
mikeutah is on a distinguished road
I like all 4 wheels myself. I've actually been wanting to get aftermarket mud flaps that don't cover the sides of the wheel flares, and that are flexible enough for off-roading in case they hit a rock etc.

2015 SV 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Plasti-dip - Tow Mirrors -

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 487 Old 02-13-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
PetitFrereArmada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeutah View Post
I like all 4 wheels myself. I've actually been wanting to get aftermarket mud flaps that don't cover the sides of the wheel flares, and that are flexible enough for off-roading in case they hit a rock etc.
Thanks a lot for your input.

These Under Armor Universal mud flaps would do the trick for you. They fit what you are looking for. And also, they are $22 to $25 shipped from ebay. It is so cheap that I am thinking of buying a new set of 4 just to have a spare when I go to install these and if they mess anything up with the holes, then I have a set of brand new ones to reuse.

Besides, I have been wanting to PM you. I have a tentative road trip planned this summer 2017 and my itinerary has me leaving Canada and driving through Salt Lake, UT to get to Ouray, CO for some offroading. I remember you wanting to buy my Armada tire carrier and we talked about possibly meeting last year, but I was lucky to sell it here locally a few months back. But I was thinking if my trip this year is finally confirmed, I would be interested in meeting you as I drive through Salt lake, UT. That is if you have time. Though the trip is tentative right now, I pretty much have booked hotels for all 25 nights of my trip this July 2017. (USA-Canada-USA, driving through 14 US states and 4 Canadian provinces).

I will post a more detailed thread about my trip on the Exploration Forum (where I post all my road trips) as it draws closer. Right now, i refer to it as tentative until hopefully about 2 or 3 months before date of departure before I hope to confirm it, even though all my hotels are booked for the whole trip already.

Here is my route for my trip... Would love to meet people on the trip.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hous...29.5635666!3e0

My Build/Maintenance/Modification thread..., Aiming for 250K on odometer.
2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 02-13-2017 at 01:08 PM.
post #483 of 487 Old 03-02-2017, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

I went to the guy who does vinyl on my car so he can do a photoshop of how I would like to dress my QX for my upcoming road trip in July. The road trip is tentative as it is still far away and only when it gets closer would I be able to confirm or not.

But I will have to dress my QX in one of these ways. Preferably the first pic which has the WW2 star.

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

post #484 of 487 Old 03-03-2017, 07:02 PM
mikeutah
SHIFT_Hardcore

Both look good to me. Someday I may have to add more vinyl to my 'mada

2015 SV 4x4

-

post #485 of 487 Old 03-25-2017, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

Thanks.

You should do it. Besides, I like the uniqueness of the vinyl you have. Especially the mountains you have in the rear.

New addition to my toolbox for any offroad runs.

I never used to deflate my tires when going offroading. But this time around, I plan to drop my psi from 35psi all around to somewhere between 25psi and 30psi. I am thinking more of 30psi.

But one of these days, I will do a test run. Preferably when I get my brand new 33s (305/45/22), which I have decided I will be getting someday within the next 3 weeks. I also did not know how much these things would cost, but all what I just bought cost me about $95. So, it was pretty affordable for all 3 of these things.

Besides having these for offroad use, I think they come in handy to just have at home to use occasionally. So, feel free to buy something like this for emergency. Looks like some good tools to keep in the garage at home or in your car on offroad trips.

1- VIAIR 88P tire inflator
2- Tire pressure gauge
3- Tire deflators

I just came back from a 600 mile road trip in the Hill Country of San Antonio to look at Bluebonnets (Texas state flower). Drove the Willow City Loop, which is a popular loop for people to view the bluebonnets. From there went to eat bbq at Frank's. Then it was time to hit the road back on my 220 miles trip back home. Stopped for gas at Buc-ee's and got on the freeway and had a good time. But had this Range Rover for some reason not wanting to let me pass him. As soon as I overtook him, he will be right behind me to do the same. Got everything on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LO82xe-m6s&t=94s

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Last edited by marctronixx; Yesterday at 10:19 PM.
post #486 of 487 Old 03-25-2017, 02:55 PM
mikeutah
SHIFT_Hardcore

Glad to see you prepping for off-road again! Which tires are you looking at this time around? If the roads aren't extremely rocky or bumpy, 30 psi is a good start. If they are rocky and loose, then 25 psi softens it up even more.

2015 SV 4x4

-

post #487 of 487 Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
PetitFrereArmada
SHIFT_Hardcore

I am looking to get the Atturo Trail blade X/T in the size 305/45/22. These are pictures of it when I went to look at it and the link the tire website.

http://www.atturo.com/moto/trailbladext

2012 Infiniti QX56
... KING OF THE ROAD
2008 Nissan Maxima SE
... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode