Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Android OBDII Reader

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  marctronixx 
#1 ·
Hello,

Is anyone using anything other than Torque, that they would recommend, for pulling OBDII codes from their Armada?

Thanks!

#3 ·
No issue.. But my other car is a BMW and I have a great code reading, and programming app specifically for BMW's... Was curious to see if there was something more robust than Torque specifically for Nissan. :)

#4 ·
in my experience across a few years of using this app, I find that Torque is very efficient. you can design the sensors to taste as well as set up different screens with info.

it logs your data and sends it to an email address, uploads to a website, has voice prompts to alert, etc etc blah blah... this app us very hard to beat.

i have used it across an armada and now the qx and it has been a nice little app.

you can have different profiles setup in torque, so you can take the dongle out of one car, put it in another ,and fire up that profile.

lots more you can do with it. and the dev updates the app quite frequently.

not many cats on this forum use these types of apps. maybe hit up the titan forum also.

#5 ·
i bought one OBD2 reader off Amazon for 40 bucks, plugged it in my 06 Armada, and it did not work. Same reader was tested on a Jeep and it worked.
So I am also asking if anyone knows any particular OBD2 unit that works with armada, and can pinpoint the link on ebay or amazon I would buy it...

Thanks
Pete.

#7 ·
OBD2 reader not compatible with Armada

Hello my issue is that OBD2 reader was working perfectly with Torque, infact was tested succesfully on a Jeep. The problem is that was not interfacing with my Armada ECU giving 0 readings. So the issue is not the compatibility with Torque, but the compatibility with the Truck I am driving...

#8 ·
post up the dongle you are speaking about? ELM 327 (going by memory here) works beautifully on the armada and now on the 2012 qx.

you may have a fake dongle--there are many of these on amazon and fleabay and the dev of the torque app speaks about this. the one i use was directly endorsed by the torque dev.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.