Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2010 Nissan Maxima SE, Houston, TX

262K views 681 replies 42 participants last post by  PetitFrereArmada 
#1 · (Edited)
After browsing this forum for a while now and after my endless search for a second car and wanting a dependable and spacious family truck, I finally settled for the Nissan Armada. I am not new to the Nissan family, as I currently drive a 2008 Nissan Maxima SE. So, this is my second car because I wanted a spacious SUV for adventure.

http://my6thgen.org/f13/emiles-petitfreremaxima-17985/

Here is what I have settled for, but I have not closed the deal yet. The dealership is located 4 hours away from my city. I had to drive with a buddy of mine today and the dealership had to send someone out today to show me the car and let me test drive it. After doing all that, I decided I liked it and will like to buy it. Then, I had to take another 4 hours drive back home.

Here it is. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

2010 Nissan Armada SE with 63,700 miles. I am hoping this car last me till over 250K miles and hopefully does not give me a lot of trouble as I plan to take good care of it.

Date of purchase: 5/11/2013

Bought with 63,700 miles on odometer.

CURRENT ODOMETER: 82,000

See less See more
#178 ·
Great Trip Log! I thought it was really funny when I saw your tire carrier! I wasn't 100% sure if it was you or not, because the chances of you being here in KY were really small, and me actually seeing you drive by would be the needle in the haystack!! I told my wife that I was about to turn around a run you down!! Lol! Your truck was a real head turner though! I noticed your truck straight away as you were passing the Schnitzel Barn German Restaurant and immediately thought it had to be you! Glad you had a safe a fun trip! Wish we could have met! Maybe next time! Lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#181 ·
Thanks.

What a coincidence that you saw me driving by. It would have really been great if I had noticed you too and stopped to say hi.

During the trip, I told my wife it would be great if I was lucky to meet someone from the forum and say hi to them. She asked me how on earth would I be able to meet someone from the forum randomly on such a cross-country trip. I said well, my Armada kind of stands out in its own way. Chances are if a forum member has seen my Armada on the forum and sees it on the freeway, I am sure they will easily recognize it and may honk, wave or pull up next to me to say hi. So, it was a big surprise to me and her when I showed her your PM, when you emailed me to say that you saw us.

It would have been one in a lifetime meets.

#182 ·
#183 ·
Heck yea, hope you taken the Go Pro, be sure and send me the link or share the vids, pic. Really looking forward to hear how the Armada does off road, Its built for it, Your brave to not having a 4x4, but if you pick and choose your trails you should be ok. I like the Gas can Idea. Better to have than to need and not have.

#184 ·
#185 · (Edited)
I have been in Canada now for almost a week. I never knew we had it good on the freeway in the US until I realized the highway rules in Canada. I had to stop and take pics.

I wonder how it would be like if these same things were posted on US highways. I am guessing there might be a lot of law suits.

The maximum speed I say on the highways was 100kmph which is 62mph for us in the US. I don't see americans being happy with such number since we have freeways with speed limits of 75mph, 80mph and even 85mph, the highest I saw in Canada is 62mph.

But even with that posted speed, the Canadians were all doing about 120kmph which is about 75mph for us. So basically most of them were going above the speed limit. Oh then guess which drivers I noticed going faster than that? You best believe american drivers.

What was too interesting is that throughout the trip, I couldn't even find a single cop car on the highway. The most threatening thing I saw were these speed signs with fines if you were caught going so fast. Also, the signs saying there is a helicopter patrol that checks speed. Well, I looked hard for the helicopter and after over 1,000km driving in Canada, I couldn't find any. Maybe next time.

#186 ·
Is it legal to carry fire arms up there. Beautiful country indeed. have a safe trip back to the Great state of Texas.

#187 ·
Got some new lights from China today. These are supposedly a new design and Bought from ebay. Will try to go to the park and put on my Armada to see how it looks compared to the hid ones I currently have.

This is what I just bought

So now I have these 2 to compare for myself. I may do that tonight.

#188 · (Edited)
And this is my package I got from DHL.

#189 ·
I had time to go to the park for a quick photo shoot. The light output is basically the same. But startup is truly quick and instant on the led compared to the hid.

#192 · (Edited)
Built my house and closed on it 2 days ago. Then went ahead and installed porcelain tiles in my car garage for my Armada and my wife's Altima. My wife loves it very much. Jut wanted to share pics with you guys.

Attaching the link to my thread with more pics.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41938

#193 ·
My Armada moving some furniture today. It strapped on well on my Yakima roof rack. 6 chairs in total. 2 in the Armada with the table.

#194 ·
Just hit 90,000 miles. Time for my oil change again since i do it every 10,000 miles.

#196 ·
So you probably live in the area also. If you can honk or wave, do not hesitate to do so. I know when I am driving my Armada, when I see another Armada I always wonder if they are on the forum or not and I am always tempted to say hello.

#197 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I decided to sell my 2010 Armada SE today for a 2009 Nissan Armada LE. My 2010 has 90,500 miles as I sold it today, for a 2009 which has 96,000 miles. I kept all my accessories and sold my Armada without the roofrack or the tire carrier. I will need them for my next Armada.

Link to the thread...

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42489

I will be flying in 3 days from Texas to Arkansas to buy the car and drive 9 hours back home on same day. Here are a few pictures of my Armada I will hopefully buy it on friday, if seller does not change his mind. It has a great carfax report and it is a one-owner vehicle. I look forward to my trip on friday. I had to take off work just to have time to make this trip, so I hope this will be a fruitful trip.

A few pictures of hopefully my next Armada...

#198 ·
She's A Beauty!

She's a beauty Petit... sporting the chrome wheels as well!

About your '09 SE, you really tricked her out as a serious off road, out back cruiser, with light bar to boot, really work horse looking. I really wished you wouldn't quite go all the way the same route with this one though, she looks so pretty, I wouldn't want her character to be changed that radically.....Now if it were a Titan by all means you'd have my approval!.......

Ah! ....... All this is just my own personal opinion though, shes your beauty give her the treatments you see fit, my man,......she's yours to enjoy, no one else's least of all me...........Just make sure you don't roast the transmission........ as I freaking did mine!

I plan on giving Thunder Maker the chrome wheel treatment amongst other things. But I'll buy like the Eagle Alloy type 079 or Motto Metal type MO951, 18 x 9s, placing on them ultimately 305/60' Terra Grapplers from Nitto or at least 285/65s if the other tire size is not available, for traction.

I'll be telling you what plan on putting on my Armada soonest on the forum.

Regards

Victor

#203 ·
Boarded a United Express flight for my 70 mins flight.

Sticker price of $54,000 when new

Some features that make it about same with the 2014s now.

My first pic of the Armada when I met it in person

#204 ·
Random shots to try to show its beauty. I can't believe how clean the car is and thinking about it having everything a loaded 2014 has. It was a good buy.

#205 ·
I made payment and seller signed over the title to me. Seller took his plates and the car remained with no plates. Well, I made ure I had my insurance and bill of sale. With no plates, I had to set off for my 9 hours long journey.

I set up my Valentine 1 and my gps. Nissan gps is not the best. All systems check! Stopped at a gas station and filled her up like I know how Armadas drink. Then put on my seat belt, adjusted mirrors and I was off with no license plates on the car for my 9 hours drive.

Glad to say I made it home in record time. I didn't see a match on the road. I had to push her and I can say this car handles way better than my first Armada. I think the wheels and tires and trim level definitely makes a huge difference.

Resting at home in the garage after her long journey home

#206 ·
My Armada is currently at 96,700 miles. Time to start my own maintenance schedules.

I went and did my oil change a few days ago. Used Mobil 1 Full synthetic and will run this one for probably 5,000 miles to 7,000 mies, depending on how I feel. But my goal is to finally be doing it at my normal interval of 10,000 miles between oil changes.

I changed air filter and cabin filter. Cabin filter was really dirty. Glad I got to change it.

#207 · (Edited)
Then stopped at discount tire for a quote for the new BFGoodrich KO2. Well, it didn't take long before the guy gave me an offer I have not had since about 2 weeks now after calling about 10 arial discount tire locations trying to get a deal. He beat all other deals by $60.00. As good as it sounded, I was not ready to spend this high sum this saturday. So, i said if he had it in stock that might make me buy it. Well, he said "I do have 4 in stock"

I said, can I please see one? He said sure and off he went and came back with this bad boy;

Ok, now he was just tempting me and I really liked the tire and started thinking... Well, I just could not resist pulling out my wallet. And that was it as I swiped my mastercard for all 4 tires he said he had in stock.

They take my car in and take off all 4 tires and then guess what? They call me to say they cannot find the other 3 tires. Now that was just funny. I said ok. The said they will go and look around the store for it. Off they went on a scavenger hunt around their tire storage.

After a short 5 mins, they found the 3 tires in 2 different locations around the store. I guess they just came yesterday and they had not put them in the right area, hence the confusion and it pulling a disappearing act for a few minutes. Now that they had found all 4 tires, I had to go see them to make sure they all matched, lol. And there they were; 275/60/20 BFGoodrich KO2.

Front wheel and rear wheel installed. I asked them to check the thread. They told me 15/32. Wow. That means I should be able to get atleast 50,000 miles or more on these tires. The tires do look good. Very aggressive and has some really deep grooves. I see why it is written on it "Baja Champion". It sure would make a great offroading tire. I hope I get to try it out offroading soon.

#208 ·
My drive home was pretty good. Surprisingly quiet for such large tires with such large grooves. The tires feel great. I think partly because they are brand new and because I just feel it should feel good. So, long term update will tell.

So, I got home and decided to clean the garage before parking the car inside.

I got a ton of pictures. Got some to share.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.