Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

05 Armada-120k miles What Services Needed?

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  5150ds 
#1 ·
Hey, guys I have a 2005 Armada SE with 120,000 miles that I've had since new. Wife drove it for six years, then it was parked in my garage for the last two years with thoughts of my daughter driving it once she got her license. Only been driven 200 or so miles during that time. The time is coming, my daughter is getting her license in October, and we're hoping that the old 'Mada gets her through high school. It got new brakes at 10k miles or so under recall, and still has those same brakes 100,000 miles plus later. We kept up with all of the factory services until it was parked. What services would you guys recommend having done before I put my daughter on the road, given that its been sitting around so long? It does seem to ride real rough in the front, I have been reading that the shocks are the most likely culprit, and that Bilstein HD's are the way to go for a replacement. I'm thinking I need to make sure the brakes are still good, service the radiator, service tranny (no flush, right?), flush injectors. Anything else I should be looking into? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I personally would change ALL of the fluids in the 'mada... Oil, trans, coolant, differentials, transfer case. And if the plugs haven't been changed in a while, change them. Slap in a new engine air filter too. Fill it up with fresh gas and take it for good long drive. See how she feels!

And since this is for a new driver... and a LOT of vehicle to slow down, new brakes and rotors certainly couldn't hurt!

Good luck!

#3 ·
Agree with what brewder said. Additionally at 100k I replaced my front sway bar bushings. They were worn through. Also replaced my tie rods at 120k. Both helped firm up the front end. Also, after sitting for 2 yrs the wiper blades may be dried up and need to be replaced. Both of my front bearings went out in the 140k ish range. Just keep that in mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.