Was this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%

Replacement part# for Overhead consoles

105K views 67 replies 31 participants last post by  Tammytrich 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Club Armada! This forum has been a life saver for me so I thought I should share what I have found out about this particular subject regrading Overhead consoles breaking. In my first post I taught how an overhead console could be repaired, see thread http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17529 for more information on that. Today I am going to talk about just replacing it if it has gotten beyond repairable. If your console is broken and you have went to the dealer to see about getting a replacement for it, I can assure you that the dealer has told you it is going to be around $1200 to $1500 dollars or more. The reason that they give is that when they look at there computers it shows them that the whole piece is for sale instead of the bezel console itself. I am here to let you know that this is not entirely true. You can actually purchase just the bezel console (plastic) piece by itself. I have verified this with about three Nissan parts department and have look at the diagrams. One thing that I should mention is that if you go to the dealership and give them this part number they will probably say that this is for an armada with a DVD system. The only difference that I have seen in the two pieces, is that one comes with the drop down box (where the lcd is suppose to go) and one does not not (which explains why they say this one is for the DVD system only, because if you purchases this it will not come with the empty drop down box). Don't be alarm by this, remember that you are going to strip out your old overhead console of it's parts and put them on the new one. The reason why I mention this is because the part number only shows up on the console with dvd. I will upload pics of the lcd screen once I have it to show you what I am talking about. Anyway here are the part numbers for the overhead console back and front.

2008 Nissan
Roof Bezel Console (Rear) This is just the plastic piece.
96939-ZQ02D Price: $240 - 319.25

Roof Console (Front) This comes with everything including the lights
26430-ZQ00A Price: $348-446.03
you can actually interchange with models years as far back as 2004, but you must change out the lights assembly with the one that came with your car. The reason being is that the connection (wires are different) Price: $180 -

Just a side note about the LCD screens a 2005 to 2007 is the same screen as the 2008 to 2010 the only difference is the plastic connector, they all have the same wires. If you have a chance look the service manual for the 2005 and 2008 models. To make it work, you would need to cut the connectors off and solder or use electrical tape when making the connection from harness to LCD Screen.

I think this does it for right now I will be adding pictures later to better illustrate what I am talking about. I hope this helps, if you have questions or don't understand something please let me know so that I can clarify. Thank you club armada for everything!:)

See less See more
#5 ·
Here is a side by side picture of the LCD Screen and the original bin. They both look the same, the only difference in the two is that one is made with an insert and a extra mounting bracket for the LCD. I also included a snap shot of what bezel looks like without the bin or LCD in it.

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks! That helps me in deciding on how to continue. I will probably just try to fix mine and see how it goes; it can't get any worse. But at least now i know the part number in case I need to order it. I haven't worked on it yet, but once I do I will be posting pictures of the before and after and all progress in between.

Thanks again for all your help.

#7 ·
Picture of overhead bezel

Here is the picture of the overhead bezel that I order from nissanpartzone.com for 241.00

Note: you cannot tell from the picture, but the item came in grey. So be sure to select the right color for your car. If you do not or don't have the extra money to purchase the right color you can always paint it to match (This is way I tell you to keep all of the old items off of your old bezel).

Note: Correction on what I said earlier about this only comes with the bezel itself, it actually comes with everything you need (ready to install out the box).

Attachments

#16 ·
***UpDate***

Here is the picture of the overhead bezel that I order from nissanpartzone.com for 241.00

Note: you cannot tell from the picture, but the item came in grey. So be sure to select the right color for your car. If you do not or don't have the extra money to purchase the right color you can always paint it to match (This is way I tell you to keep all of the old items off of your old bezel).

Note: Correction on what I said earlier about this only comes with the bezel itself, it actually comes with everything you need (ready to install out the box).
Hey I just wanted to let everybody know,,,,after battling it out with the dealership they finally replaced the whole back part like you showed in this QUOTE,,,,But they didnt replace the front one !!!! So Im heading back up there to battle it out agian to get the front one replaced,,,,also it only cost me 50 bucks ,,,,but that was supose to fix it all not just the whole back part..... Is there a place to get the front part ????? :confused:

#10 ·
*** Update *** On my 08 Armada LE The console

Well yesterday when I was getting off work I opened up my drivers door to find that the Over head console finished breaking and come tumbling down!!! After a few weeks ago I ask the Dealership about my extended warrenty and they said nope its cosmedic,,,,I am very unhappy with this and when they wanted to sale me another one I bout Blew up! It Should be a recall This 08 is only 4 years old !!!!! So along with the front console that also has a crack in it and will prob fall soon ,,I'm stuck with ,,,,Here in Texas its getting up to 110 index today so ,,look out whats next,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mad:

#11 ·
I am thinking would it be better to just go to a shop and customize the whole top console with something thats more heavy duty because I also have the screen thats still in forced,, the only part that did not come down,,,,,,,,,,But If I do buy this whole part and fix it will this same thing happen agian because there was no reason this thing broke except that it is made cheap!!

#14 ·
To my knowledge they should be the same exact panel. The only thing I can see different is the part number, and the mere fact that they will charge you more if you get one specifically for the QX56.

I feel your pain, I felt the same exact way when my came down. I called Nissan to see if there was a recall and they said no. I also ask them if were aware of the overhead consoles breaking and of course they said no. This is why I put this thread up here to help people get the part w/o spending the dealers price of almost $1000.00. Hope everything works out.

#26 ·
Now that I think about it I did not use my VIN number because I got the same result of it telling me that this was the wrong part. This is what I did I pulled up the diagram and started to compare part numbers and what I found out is that these are all the same parts except for the 2011-2013, but from 2008 - 2010 were the same the only difference is the color and whether or not it has the entertainment (LCD Screen). When mine got shipped to me it was in grey I had to paint to match what I had (very easy to do take it to any car quest for them to paint match). I just check the website and I see that it has changed a little bit. It seems that they are now requiring you to enter your VIN to do a search, this was not the case earlier this year. I will call and get more clarification on this and report back my findings

#28 ·
I've got an 06 LE without the DVD screen. When I bought it, it had an overhead DVD player/screen right over the location where the oem would be. I didn't like it much so I put in headrest monitors but now I want to remove the old screen. It was mounted right on top of where the console would be but the console is removed. Therefore, I need to opposite of that entire console kit, I need just the bin. I found this link but it only links to the backplate, I don't see how to find the part number for just the bin. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/armada-parts-ta60-2004-2012/genuine-nissan-parts/miscellaneous/970-roof-console/-c-1063_1064_1224_1230.html

Thanks,
-Shane

#33 · (Edited)
Sorry to revive an old thread guys - as I posted when I joined this site, my overhead console is cracked, and even though I've only had my Armada 3 weeks or so, the sound like someone is banging a plastic cymbal every time I hit a bump is driving me insane. (It's cracked right near where the DVD console area is - right behind my head). I'd like to buy the console/bezel/whatever it's called - or earmuffs or something... But the cheapest I can find it for is about $600-750+. I've seen other people say they've found them somewhere for $250-ish. If this is still true, can someone post a link to where I can purchase one? Per my luck, it seems the price of these quadrupled right around the time I bought my Armada. Thanks guys - j

Edit: The link I've found - to make sure this is the same part/site you guys are ordering from
http://www.nissanpartszone.com/Page...0&isBigPicture=true#ctl00_cphView_pnlPartList

#34 ·
Had the same experience. Called Armada Customer Service they ran me around to a couple of different customer reps one had me go to a dealership and get them to verify and a quote to fix which raised my hopes for an acceptable result to fix the situation only to be rejected. Love my Armada think the Customer Service to be Poor especially on a known issue

#38 · (Edited)
Let me say this, I AM SOOO GLAD I FOUND YOUR TREAD.

This thread had me march right back down to the dealer for a second time and educate them on the fact that a replacement DOES exist for far less than $869.00.

Let me give my story.

About 8 months ago I walked outside to find my overhead console cracked in half and hanging from the roof. Fustrated but figuring I could salvage the climate controls, lights, and radio controls, I went right down to the dealer and asked them if I could just order the plastic piece. He takes my V.I.N. number down and procedes to exaplain the replacement part if roughly $869.00.:( i also fainted.

I searched for months trying to find a replacement piece for a reasonable price. There were none to be had. The best I found was a guy selling a "new in box" replacement on Ebay for $400. I figured this was the best deal I was going to get and it appeared to be half the cost. that is until I stumbled upon jrm5f2's post and I had hope.

This time I went to another dealer and argued with him not to look up the replacement by V.I.N. I convinced him to use the part number listed here in this thread. He explained to me that this was a "special order" part and had to be paid for upfront and there were no refunds. Fearing the worst I finally convinced him to order it, let me peek at it when it arrived, and if it was the correct one, I'd buy it and get him lunch. He agreed.:D

4 days later I got a call from the parts manager that the piece was in. i went to Nissan and just as jrm5fs explained it was the EXACT piece needed , only in another color. (it's the same color as the one jrm posted) My vehicle has an almond interior and there's a significant color difference. But I had an idea. I salvaged everything I could from my old unit and then purchased Valspar "plastic" paint in almond. I proceeded to paint the main body of the unit and it's so close in color you can hardly tell the difference.

Anyone wishing to replace their broken overhead console and not wanting to pay in upwards of $800 should follow the advice contained in this thread. ***Important**** Do not let them order the part via your V.I.N. it will cost you $500. more than if you use jrm's listed number. You will probally have to paint it to match but I'd rather keep my $500 in my own pocket and have a piece that's about as close to an exact color match as you can get .

Thank you so much to the O.P. for the amazing piece of information and a special thanks to http://mikeerdmannissan.com:bow: They really work with their Nissan customers.

I will post my results tomorrow as it's almost 1am here and I'm spent.

Hello Club Armada! This forum has been a life saver for me so I thought I should share what I have found out about this particular subject regrading Overhead consoles breaking.2008 Nissan
Roof Bezel Console (Rear) This is just the plastic piece.
96939-ZQ02D Price: $240 - 319.25

Reactions: YukonJoe
#40 ·
Front Overhead Console

You are not going to believe this but now my front overhead console has fallen off! I am so upset and of course Nissan will not cover it due to warranty being out. Does anyone know the part# for it?

It is the console where you put your shades and you contract the rear A/C. This is a defect Nissan Armada's have. First the rear console fell off now the front. Very frustrating. :/

#41 ·
Front overhead counsel

Just completed the install as prescribed by JRM5f2. Worked perfectly. Installed in 30 minutes. Matching the paint and painting it was the most time consuming. Total cost about $300 versus thw Nissan quote of $1200. Thanks JRM you saved me allot of money and recognize that Nissan does not stand behind a know problem. Also bought a new Toyota Camry Hybird, not that Nissan would care!:itsfriday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.