Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Gas gauge

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  drewcs 
#1 ·
Well, it took ten years but the gas gauge finally let me down. I was on the way home and soon as I was about to turn into my subdivision I lost all throttle response and the oil pressure gauge was fluctuating between half and a quarter. I freaked out because of the oil pressure gauge and put into neutral and turned it off and coasted down to my house. The gauge still said I had a quarter of tank but I should have known when I already had 315 miles of city driving. So lesson learned. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
There's a tsb on the sending unit which is located under the carpet behind the driver seat. Don't let the dealer cut the carpet to get to it. Many will do so unless you explicitly tell them to do otherwise.

They should instead pull back the carpet to gain access.

#3 ·
Many service departments are doing fuel sender replacement from the inside via the carpet but Nissan's authorized procedure is to drop the gas tank. I would not let them cut or roll back the carpet if I were you.

#4 ·
This fix is not a TSB, it is a recall. Therefore, Nissan must do it for you for free. Go to www.nhtsa.gov, search on Recall # 10V074000. Or, do a search on the Nissan Armada to see all of the recalls applicable to your truck.

Ditto for not cutting the carpet. Insist they drop the fuel tank to do the work. It will help them greatly if you try to have the work done with very little fuel in the tank, so that dropping the tank is easier.

Keith

#6 ·
Didn't notice the OP had a 2004. You are correct.

#7 ·
Yeah, I wish it was for the 04's. Soon the Armada will only be the hauler and for snow so I will just leave it like it is. I know that when I get close to 300 miles it is time to fill up.

#8 ·
I went 3 years before getting the recall done and didn't have a problem unless I ran the fuel below 1/8 tank. Fuel in the tank keeps the sending unit cool and when it drops too low the unit overheats and causes the wrong reading. Fuel up a bit earlier and it might resolve your problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.