VDC? what the hell does it do? - Page 3 - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
User Tag List

post #21 of 24 Old 04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
08ArmadaSE
SHIFT_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

The wife's armada's VDC stays on all the time for the wife. She doesn't like driving in the snow so it makes her feel a little better. In my titan, I basically turn it off anytime I am going to intentionally need wheel spin. So basically anytime I go off roading and anytime it snows. I don't like the feeling of my vehicle cutting off my throttle in the snow as there has been a couple times I've had to swing the back end around in a vehicle to avoid getting hit. Luckily I have never gotten stuck because I forgot to turn it off. But I have forgotten To turn it off and the truck stopped moving until I turned it off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 Armada SE
No Mods as of yet. Wife doesnt want anything done to it but we will see.

2010 Titan Pro-4x:
Maganflow DISO muffler with JBA tip. Factory matched window tint. Tinted tailights, Debadged. Volant Powercore intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 04-05-2014, 11:40 PM
liquid1
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Check View Post
Before I get new tires in the spring, I'm gonna turn it off and go drifting. Otherwise it stays on unless I want to slide the rear end in a turn.
Now that it will do if you cut the VDC off, Its still amazing at the Traction the Armada gets compared to other Suv's I have had and driven. it goes like a Tank.

2015 Pearl white Platinum 4x4 Gift to my wife..
2nd owner 2010 5.6L Armada 4x4 Titanium 52k miles Traded @ 74,000 miles.
2001 5.4L F150 4x4 Lariat extended cab on 285/17
1979 Harley Davidson Low Rider custom,2002 KTM 520 EXC Dirt bike,2007 450 Yamaha Grizzly atv
1998 honda 300 4x4 fourtrax atv
work hard to play hard.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my youtube link here.

post #23 of 24 Old 04-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Pops
SHIFT_Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy From Wisconsin View Post
I am still not sure about the VDC Button .... Off? for dry roads? On? for wet and snowy roads? If left on, on dry roads is it bad for the transmission? gas mileage, what are the risks? The light on the dash board can be distracting, and not knowing for sure what's best for my vehicle, not being 100% sure is uncomfortable.
Nah, just leave it alone and it's good to go. Turning it off is only good for playing around and getting a little wreckless.

- Bob
2005 Armada LE 4x4

post #24 of 24 Old 03-26-2015, 03:16 AM
F4N4EVR
SHIFT_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

vdc senses rotational tire slip. so if your right rear tire is spinning on snow, the vdc applies the brake to that tire to match the rotational speed of the left rear tire and forcing the car to apply torque to the other side tire. Madas don't have posi traction (sorely needed) or lockers, so it doesn't do much. If you have a 4 whl drive mada, that doesn't mean you get 4 wheels applying thrust at once. you get one front and one rear at a time- opposite sides, but since the car flips a coin to see which tires get torque when, the best you can hope for with the transfer case lock selected is right front and left rear, cycling to left front right rear, cycling back and forth. The vdc makes the slipping tires stop spinning so the vehicle can apply torque to the opposite two tires. If you turn it off, the left right cycle is random and you may get both right tires spinning followed by both left tires spinning. If you have two wheel drive all it does is reduce the rate of torque application so it doesn't slam from right to left.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode