Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

DVD player

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  jcb 
#1 ·
05 armada. DVD player makes a whining noise. The screen is black, eventually spits DVD back out after a few min. Any help?!!! Thanks guys

#6 ·
your dvd player is beyond its useful life. it is not worth the cost to fix. even if you can get a dvd to play in there, the warning signs are already showing and it will be a matter of time before it completely locks up (perhaps with your disk inside).

if you want to replace with a factory dvd, you can try second hand shops, craigslist, ebay, junk yards.

#8 ·
My 2007 DVD/Entertainment unit stopped working recently. The unit would not change source mode and would take but not keep a disk. It would repeatedly fail to read and spit the disk back out. I just purchased a NEW (not refurbished) replacement unit for $349 on EBAY. I will post how it works after I install it.

#15 ·
Replace was an easy job. 2007 Armada has a faux floor inside of the center console. Underneath there are 3 screws. On top rim driver's side there are 2 more screws (may have had rubber feet over them at one time but mine were missing/screws exposed). Once 5 screws removed the entire liner of the bin, the lid AND the attached DVD player lift out. Be careful not to pull the wires too hard. There are 2 plugs that go into the back of the DVD player...remove those and the entire unit is free. Switch out the player (several screws to remove from the brackets) and plug back in. Test and re-install the liner with the new DVD. No programming required for the wireless headphones and remote control (they must be programmed to a different component of the system).

Works like a champ so far! $349 for my brand new replacement. They also sell refurbished or service the units. http://stores.ebay.com/Original-Car-Audio-952-707-6200. Looks like they also sell the DVD navigation units as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.