Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

2013 Missing "Comfort & Convenience"

53K views 141 replies 35 participants last post by  Haf71 
#1 ·
Can anyone with a 2013 Armada confirm that they can access the "Comfort" settings? I read the manual and they made mention of certain settings that can be accessed through the "Comfort" menu, they also made mention of being able to view tire pressure on the display. I just got back from the dealer and they allegedly contacted Nissan who told them that they will be releasing a revised manual with those features removed. I just want to make sure that I am not getting the run around. Thanks.

#64 ·
Another smiley faced non answer via email. I do understand their position which is to take our money and not deliver what the owners manual says we should have. And I will continue to raise my concerns...daily. I feel as though I have gone as far as I can with Nissan internally. So I will continue to call and be a pest while I research other options.

Their reply:

6/6/2013

Case # XXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to review your concerns regarding your 2013 Nissan Armada.

According to our records, you raised the same concern with our Regional Office on 06/05/2013. Please be assured that Nissan is working towards resolution, however no specific timeline of fix yet.

As a company interested in winning lifetime customers, Nissan apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced and we are pleased you took the time to contact us again regarding the situation.

We realize this may not be the answer you were looking for, but we hope that you understand our position. If you have any further comments or concerns, please feel free to email us at NNAConsumerAffairs@nissan-usa.com and reference your file number.

Sincerely,

Nissan North America, Inc.

Anna Kharinina Arquion
Consumer Affairs Representative
Nissan Consumer Affairs

#65 ·
This was my reply. I would like everyone who reads this thread to send in an email request for the update as well.

We realize this may not be the answer you were looking for, but we hope that you understand our position. If you have any further comments or concerns, please feel free to email us at NNAConsumerAffairs@nissan-usa.com and reference your file number.

And what position is that? You hope I understand that you charged me for something that you did not deliver? I understand that completely. And I am fully aware that your smiley faced reply is not the answer I was looking for, because it is not an answer at all. So far I have spoken with the dealer about this several times, Consumer Affairs over the phone twice, two managers at Consumer Affairs and now via this email and I have owned the vehicle for 11 days. I need to get a real answer instead of vague apologies.

This has been an issue for as long as the 2013 Armada has been produced and Nissan has been aware of the problem for at least four Months if not longer. I need to know that someone is actually working on this and what their ETA is on a fix. Plain and simple. Is there anyone at Nissan that can simply get me an ETA on this fix? If someone could, I would be more than happy to stop my constant requests. Otherwise, I will need to continue to make daily calls since nobody can get me anything close to an acceptable answer.

#67 ·
From what I have been told, the 2013 Navigation and audio controls (including the display) have been brought over from the 2012 Infinity QX56, which had the power tilt and telescoping steering wheel. If you have a chance to look at both years of Armada, you will see that the graphics and some of the controls are in fact different from 2012 to 2013. This is what my dealer has explained to me. The entire programing is different than the 2012 Armada, and with that being said, a whole new program will have to be developed for the 2013.
I am still the only one that has mentioned this problem here, even though they have sold 20 - 2013 units this year. Dont people look at their vehicles when they buy, I guess they just get in and drive.

#68 ·
Interesting......I have the brochure for the 2013 Platinum, I'll double check, but I think the physical interface (button location, etc.) on the center stack all looks the same as my 2012. I need to find somebody here in my neighborhood with a 2013 so we can compare the interfaces, graphics and controls between the two.

#70 ·
I called in to my regional rep today to see if there was an update to this issue. She left me a message back saying that Nissan had released the TSB for the fix on 7/3. The TSB is NTB-13-067. I will be taking my Armada in today to get this applied. I will let everyone know what it did once I receive it back.

#75 ·
All of the features as described in the owners manual are there except for the "Lift steering Wheel on Exit". I changed some of them. I can say that the option "Slide Drivers Seat Back on Exit" works. I turned it off and it stopped moving the seat on exit. I changed the headlight sensitivity, but it's too light out to do anything yet. I am not sure if moving it to the + side makes it turn the lights on earlier or later. So the option I changed did work and I will need to wait for the other.

#77 ·
It is good to see that they (Nissan) actually came through as promised.
I was a bit sceptical about this being corrected in a timely fashion.
All good now, excellent!
I will try and get mine in asap. I will have to explain the whole situation to the service guys again, they won't know what I am talking about again.
How long did it take them to do the update?

#78 ·
I would like to add my .02 to the mystery. Purchased a 2013 Armada SV with a production date of 06/13 on 06/22/13. I've followed this thread, and to be honest I had not tried to access my "comfort" menu yet. Well, I tried on the way home from dinner, and guess what? I have it on my Armada. I'm thankful, but question the time frame and run-a-round everyone has got from Nissan who doesn't. At what point did Nissan recognize the problem? and at what point did they acknowledge the problem?

#80 ·
Well, they knew about it at least when this thread started.

What is the date of your owners manual? At the start of this thread, it was mentioned that they were going to release a new owners manual. Mine is from 2012. If yours is not from 2012, please look at the comfort settings in the manual and see if one of the options has anything to do with the steering wheel.

#81 ·
I got the same 2012 manual that you have, even though the vehicle was shipped 06/13. I would think I've got to have one of the last 13's produced. Like I said I'm happy I don't have to deal with it, but it was fixed it on mine, so some where along the way they had to realize it. Some of you guys have had a frustrating battle to get to this point, and believe me, I've been there too. Just seemed like it took them too long to own up to it, you know?

#84 ·
#85 ·
Glad I subscribed to this site! NissanUSA said we are supposes to get a notification in the mail and my dealer said they will call if they get a notification. Haven't received either. I called my rep 7/10 to get a status and she has not returned the call yet. Now I see this thread! WooHoo!

My timeline is, reported the missing features in 2/2013, NissanUSA confirmed it was a manufacturing mistake 3/16/2013. About 5 months for fix. Originally relayed it would be a couple months but can't complain as I really thought they weren't going to do anything at all. Thanks to all who made some noise!

** For those that have had the fix applied - what did they say if anything about steering wheel feature setting....

#86 ·
I haven't asked. Like I said earlier, I was happy to get everything else back since I knew there was nothing they could easily do about the steering wheel and I wanted them to deliver what they could. Installing all of the mechanicals plus another software flash is a bigger fight than a simple software fix. I honestly don't have that fight in me at the moment after this one.

Maybe you can ask your rep when you talk with them.

#87 ·
I haven't posted in this thread in a while but I have been following it and I am glad to hear that some of the issues are resolved. In my original post I mentioned that the manual also stated being able to view individual tire pressure:

● You can also check the pressure of all tires
(except the spare tire) on the display screen.
The order of the tire pressure figures displayed
on the screen does not correspond
with the actual order of the tire position. See
“Tire pressure information” in the “Monitor,
climate, audio, phone, and voice recognition
systems” section.
For additional information, see “Low tire pressure
warning light” in the “Instruments and controls”
section, “Tire Pressure Monitoring System
(TPMS)” in the “In case of emergency” section.

and

TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING
SYSTEM (TPMS)
This vehicle is equipped with the Tire Pressure
Monitoring System (TPMS). It monitors tire pressure
of all tires except the spare. When the low
tire pressure warning light is lit, and the CHECK
TIRE PRESSURE warning appears in the vehicle
information display, one or more of your tires is
significantly under-inflated. If equipped, the system
also displays pressure of all tires (except the
spare tire) on the display screen by sending a
signal from a sensor that is installed in each
wheel. If the vehicle is being driven with low tire
pressure, the TPMS will activate and warn you of
it by the low tire pressure warning light. This
system will activate only when the vehicle is
driven at speeds above 16 MPH (25 km/h). For
more details, refer to “Warning/indicator lights
and audible reminders” in the “Instruments and
controls” section, “Tire pressure information” in
the “Monitor, climate, audio, phone and voice
recognition systems” section and “Tire Pressure
Monitoring System (TPMS)” in the “Starting and
driving” section.

Can anyone confirm that they can access this after having the update? Thanks again.

#88 ·
Took my truck in yesterday to have the "Comfort & Convenience" fix. I got it back and all is well. Everything seems to work as advertised now. I guess I am the first one around here to have it done as they had no clue what I was talking about and had to literally walk them through the manual and show them the TSB. They had never heard of this issue, even though they have sold over 20 units this year.
Also put on a set of Bilstein HD's on the front, they thought I was crazy to replace shocks that only had 6k on them but hopefully this fixes the "Bump steer" issue.
Thanks to all in this forum for the help with these issues, would have never known about these fixes with out this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.