Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Interior light upgrade (ebay)

23K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  cookie321 
#1 · (Edited)
I had a license plate bulb go out and I went to buy a replacement which was 6 dollars for 2 bulbs. Then I thought I might as well see what kind of deals I could get on ebay (I know:eek:). This is what I found. http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-T10-19...ar_Lighting&hash=item1c29c97906#ht_481wt_1185 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/16086231479...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_4023wt_1166. I didn't do the smart thing and order both 194 bulbs(dome/step/licence) and 3175 bulbs(map light) from the same seller. So the maps lights look like 6000k and the domes/licence/step lights look like 5000k but oh well. :D

What you need to light the whole interior:
10x 194 bulbs (12x if you have lights under side mirrors)
3x DE3175 bulbs

Here are some pics.

...while I was at it I took a pic of the snap buttons I sewed on to help the 3rd row flaps from falling. :cool:

Also I am working on my soldering skills so I could swap the leds in my gauge cluster.

See less See more
#36 ·
Hmmm Im curious how the amber would look. That would be pretty cool. The blue is a awesome contrast to the amber display on the radio and ac knobs and its easy on the eyes while driving.

#37 ·
I went with amber. It should be here in a week or so. I'll try to post a picture if it is noticeable. If i dont like it I think i will go with neutral white.

Btw I would love to change all the leds in the dash as in your other thread (diod it on my celica about five years ago and still think it is one of the best mods) but since I have the navi screen that will remain in amber theme i feel i have to stick to it. Unless somone has a tip on how to change the colour theme of the display?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#38 ·
Can someone tell me what exactly I would need to replace to get this? Also the mood light would be nice too. I'm just not sure how many bulbs I need, and which bulbs. Also, I would want these for the side mirrors and license plate. I was looking on ebay, and there are so many different ones. Thanks in advance!

#39 · (Edited)
#41 ·
#42 ·
Haha, I'll definitely try and do that. I just got my Armada last month so I'm trying to do little things here and there. I put in an aftermarket HU with rear camera/navigation/etc. I wasn't aware that I would no longer be able to access my factory DVD in the back. I also lost the BOSE sound quality for some reason. DVD isn't a big deal, but I'm still trying to figure out why the sound quality isn't as good. I asked the place I had it installed at, and they just said it's because it's an aftermarket unit.

I'm also thinking of getting the blue Lamin-X on headlights and foglights. Not too sure yet though. Thanks for your help.

#43 ·
I got the amber mood light led today and installed it. It was a bit longer and wider at the top of the bulb so i had to make the mood light hole a little wider with a knife.

Very easy mod but I blew a fuse while installing the bulb that made all center console lights (radio, aircon, shifter etc). I managed to locate the fuse , it is the fourth red one from the left in the second row from the top, marked illumination (i think). Located behind the battery in the engine bay.
Hopefully this info can help someone else out.

The mood light shines a bit dim in the picture but looks really nice in person. Maybe i'll get a better picture later. I went with the single led one (there are dual led also). T4 neo wedge

Electronics Technology Electronic device Audio equipment Multimedia
Electrical wiring Technology Electrical supply Electronic device Room

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#44 ·
#45 ·
Does anyone know what lights to buy for the license plate lights? I tried to find 2 - License Plate Lights - 12micro LED T10 bulbs from one of the posts and 2 V-LEDS HID WHITE 6 LED M-SMT FLANK BULB from another post but can't find either. Everything else works great, just looking for these last two lights for the license plate. Thanks for all the help thus far.

#46 ·
Look for 194 LED bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.